Audio Question from a Newbe

Everything related to MakeMKV
rumba9

Audio Question from a Newbe

Post by rumba9 »

When converting a BD disk I select the only the main movie and the HD audio file only, but when playing the file on an Oppo player the audio shows most times (95%) as DTS 5.1 (not DTS_MA 5.1). There have been some that convert correctly and some convert a True HD to an MLP, which I know is lossless. I have searched the forum and have found no other string with this question. This makes me think I am missing something really simple.

Thanks in advance for your help.
bw001

Re: Audio Question from a Newbe

Post by bw001 »

Are you sure you're not selecting just the core and not the HD audio, that's the default of MakeMKV.
rumba9

Post by rumba9 »

Absolutly, I open the title and check the HD file and then un-check the core file. If I open the finished mkv file with tsmuxer it says the audio is HD, but my Oppo players ( I have both the BDP-93 and 105) only plays the DTS 5.1 version. I tried a 7.1 DTSHD-MA movie and it down grades to DTS 5.1. I have talked to Oppo and they say it should play the file with no problems.
bw001

Post by bw001 »

rumba9 wrote:Absolutly, I open the title and check the HD file and then un-check the core file. If I open the finished mkv file with tsmuxer it says the audio is HD, but my Oppo players ( I have both the BDP-93 and 105) only plays the DTS 5.1 version. I tried a 7.1 DTSHD-MA movie and it down grades to DTS 5.1. I have talked to Oppo and they say it should play the file with no problems.
Did you check the file with mediainfo or try playing with another player like XBMC?

I have no problem with 7.1 DTSHD-MA titles.