SLOOOOOOOOW

Everything related to MakeMKV
yochanan

SLOOOOOOOOW

Post by yochanan »

Why is the latest version soooo slowwww at tranfering the data to the hard drive. The previous version worked at about 12X now the max is 4X. Same everything sloooow transfer?
mike admin

Re: SLOOOOOOOOW

Post by mike admin »

Please provide more details. Your OS, what kind of disc are you opening, error log.
yochanan

Post by yochanan »

mike admin wrote:Please provide more details. Your OS, what kind of disc are you opening, error log.
xp pro sp3
asus mb dual core intel cpu
wd black 1tb hd
asus dvd rom

No errors to report, ALL media is dramatically speed reduced and the drive never goes above 4 speed now. when using other softwares speed is the same above 4X. Is the compression engine causing the slowness in the latest version? Out of the box instillation, no settings altered.
Rob47

Post by Rob47 »

I have the same issue, the ripping speed has slowed considerably. It took me an hour to rip one disk this afternoon where it usually takes 20 mins at most.
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

I doubt that it is MakeMKV that's slowing things down, because I get ripping speeds of 5X or faster running a dual rip (2 copies of MakeMKV running, BD in one drive, DVD in the other) on similar hardware, and it speeds up as it gets to the outer tracks.

When was the last time you cleaned the drive? It may just be fighting dirt on the lens assembly.

Any media playing software trying to access the disk at the same time? I know I see a slight speed-up when I shut down iTunes on my machine.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
Chetwood

Post by Chetwood »

Same speed as with previous versions (Win 7).
MultiMakeMKV: MakeMKV batch processing (Win)
MultiShrink: DVD Shrink batch processing
Offizieller Uebersetzer von DVD Shrink deutsch