MKV files sticking

Everything related to MakeMKV
Barny

MKV files sticking

Post by Barny »

Hi, I have always had great films made with MakeMKV and recently updated my LG Blu-Ray player to the latest software. Now when I plug my USB stick in the film starts well and then after a couple of minutes it freezes, could this be because of the upgrade on my Blu-Ray player, or is there something else I have overlooked. I have never had a problem before. I wish I had never done the update now. I have managed to turn the MKV files into AVCHD with another program which does play from my USB pen drive fine on the LG player, so was wondering if it was my last update of MakeMKV. That is so much quicker
Barny

Re: MKV files sticking

Post by Barny »

I am disappointed I didn't have any replies to my post. I wonder if anybody else has had this problem after the last update of makeMKV. It is such a good program, I want it to work like it did. Other than that I will have to get a new Blu-Ray player and never update it via the Internet again.
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

If it always freezes at the same point, check out the "Cinavia" thread: http://makemkv.com/forum2/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1846

Bluray players are more likely to enforce that particular protection than software players.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
Barny

Post by Barny »

Thank you for reply but how exactly do you know if it has that cinavia thing on the disc. It is only since updating the LG player, that my makeMKV files wont play anymore and I am sure not all my old disc's I have didn't have this on them. Like "Once Upon A Time In America" for instance. Another thing, I have never copied a Blu-Ray disc, only my own ordinary DVD's for mkv files all on my external hard drive. Do they have this cinavia on them? It used to mean I could select any film I had on my external hard drive as an mkv and just watch them, without selecting a single DVD disc from my collection. At least they all work as avchd files after having to use a different program. Why doesn't cinavia stop them then?.
Smithcraft

Post by Smithcraft »

Sounds like something in the firmware update fubar'ed the ability to play your files. Maybe you might want to try using the WDTV profile and see if you can play it with header compression turned on.

Otherwise, this might be a problem for discussion at an LG support site.

SC
Chetwood

Post by Chetwood »

Won't likely change a thing cause all the WDTV profile does is compressing the PGS subs.
MultiMakeMKV: MakeMKV batch processing (Win)
MultiShrink: DVD Shrink batch processing
Offizieller Uebersetzer von DVD Shrink deutsch
Barny

Post by Barny »

Can't really understand this cinavia watermark, but what I do know is when a film ripped with makeMKV file wont play in my LG Blu-Ray player, it does after I import into multiAVCHD and make a new MKV to the size I want, it does play. The quality is as good, but it is a lot more time consuming than just ripping and watching a film made with makeMKV. I just made Equilibrium with makeMKV which froze after about two minutes, imported into multiAVCHD and made the same film MKV but only 1.94Gb, quality great and plays without freezing and with 5.1 digital sound. So it could either be my player or something not quite right in makeMKV.
mike admin

Post by mike admin »

Please try the latest version - 1.8.1 . It creates MKV files a little bit differently, supposedly with better compatibility.
Barny

Post by Barny »

OK thanks Mike will try 1.8.1 at the moment I have 1.8.0, then I will let you know if it plays OK once again on my LG Blu-Ray player. I really hope so.
Barny

Post by Barny »

Just copied my DVD of "Phantom Of The Opera" with the latest makeMKV 1.8.1 and watched it. It froze after the titles came up so I restarted it and expected it to do the same but it didn't, it played all the way through without another stop, so I was really chuffed. It is a classic film I want to keep on my external HD. Thank you Mike. It wasn't a Blu-Ray Film. I now hope my LG Player will do that with all my films.
Barny

Post by Barny »

I have found the answer to playing makeMKV files. I bought Sumvision cyclone Micro2+ which plays everything I have with excellent sound and vision. I wont bother with my LG Blu-Ray player anymore, only to play discs.
Romansh

Post by Romansh »

Barny wrote:I have found the answer to playing makeMKV files. I bought Sumvision cyclone Micro2+ which plays everything I have with excellent sound and vision. I wont bother with my LG Blu-Ray player anymore, only to play discs.
That's the correct solution ;-)