Can the file naming suffix be supressed?

Everything related to MakeMKV
atc98092

Can the file naming suffix be supressed?

Post by atc98092 »

When MakeMKV rips the disc, it always adds a _t0x to each file name. Is there any way to suppress this? If I am ripping a TV series I always name each episode before starting. If it is a movie, I only rip the main title. The t0x annoys FileBot, and I often have to remove it before it can find the correct title name in the DB. If I could turn this function off, it would save me time.

Thanks! :D
Serviio media server with 18 TB of space. Over 1500 movies and 2000 TV episodes. Samsung JU7100 TV, Sony BDP-S3500, Roku 4, Ultra and two Roku TVs (one 4K) on a gigabit network.
Chetwood

Re: Can the file naming suffix be supressed?

Post by Chetwood »

Isn't FileBot the exact tool to deal with such things?
MultiMakeMKV: MakeMKV batch processing (Win)
MultiShrink: DVD Shrink batch processing
Offizieller Uebersetzer von DVD Shrink deutsch
mike admin

Post by mike admin »

You can edit the file name before saving...
atc98092

Post by atc98092 »

@Chetwood: Yes, FileBot can usually ignore the t0x, but with some TV episodes I have had to rename the file before FileBot will get an accurate match.

@Mike: same thing. I can (and do) set the name in MakeMKV before the rip, but it adds the track number on the end. With many videos Filebot will ignore it, but there are a lot of TV episodes that require me to edit the file name before FileBot can accurately identify the title.

I recognize it's not a major issue, but it would be nice if MakeMKV would recognize the file name I assign before the rip begins and use it as is.

Thanks!
Serviio media server with 18 TB of space. Over 1500 movies and 2000 TV episodes. Samsung JU7100 TV, Sony BDP-S3500, Roku 4, Ultra and two Roku TVs (one 4K) on a gigabit network.
Chetwood

Post by Chetwood »

Yeah, MakeMKV could drop this at least when only one title is ripped from disc.
MultiMakeMKV: MakeMKV batch processing (Win)
MultiShrink: DVD Shrink batch processing
Offizieller Uebersetzer von DVD Shrink deutsch
mike admin

Post by mike admin »

atc98092 wrote:@@Mike: same thing. I can (and do) set the name in MakeMKV before the rip, but it adds the track number on the end.
There are two options for the file: Name - that sets the title name in metadata and constructs the default file name, and "File Name" - that sets the actual file name. Select Name in combobox, change it, then select File Name in combobox and remove _txx.
atc98092

Post by atc98092 »

mike admin wrote:
atc98092 wrote:@@Mike: same thing. I can (and do) set the name in MakeMKV before the rip, but it adds the track number on the end.
There are two options for the file: Name - that sets the title name in metadata and constructs the default file name, and "File Name" - that sets the actual file name. Select Name in combobox, change it, then select File Name in combobox and remove _txx.
Thanks Mike. I'll try that tonight. :)
atc98092

Post by atc98092 »

Mike, worked great. Never noticed that naming option before. Thanks!

With your latest release, I'm going to try my Star Trek TOS Blu-rays again. Maybe they will rip properly now.
attfuzz

Post by attfuzz »

How or where can you do this in the Linux version? I only see Name and Metadata language. Am I even looking in the right place? Thanks.
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

Do you have a track selected when you click on the pull-down? If you still have the disk selected, you are not at the file level yet, so there is no option to change the file name.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging