Feature Requests

Everything related to MakeMKV
angelgraves13

Feature Requests

Post by angelgraves13 »

* Option to automatically pick Lossless Audio tracks only instead of having to check them one at a time
* Automatically name Lossless Audio tracks based on format and channels, such as "DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1" for a DTS-HD MA track with 6 channels instead of "Lossless"

DTS-HD Master Audio (EX)
DTS-HD High Resolution Audio
DTS
Dolby Digital
Dolby Digital Plus
Dolby TrueHD
LPCM

* Automatically label Forced tracks as "Forced" and set the Forced mkvflag on it by default
* Ask to re-rip stream if MAJOR errors were encountered
Last edited by angelgraves13 on Tue Sep 10, 2013 7:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
mike admin

Re: Feature Requests

Post by mike admin »

angelgraves13 wrote:* Option to automatically pick Lossless Audio tracks only instead of having to check them one at a time
http://www.makemkv.com/forum2/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=4386
angelgraves13 wrote:* Automatically name Lossless Audio tracks based on format and channels, such as "DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1" for a DTS-HD MA track with 6 channels instead of "Lossless"
This is coming. Not sure when, but it's on the list.
angelgraves13 wrote:* Automatically label Forced tracks as "Forced" and set the Forced mkvflag on it by default
http://www.makemkv.com/forum2/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=4385
angelgraves13 wrote:* Ask to re-rip stream if errors were encountered
Why. Please describe when and how it should be useful.
angelgraves13 wrote:* Make MKV files more compatible by not using zlib compression. I usually use MakeMKV and then run the MKV through mkvmerge to make the file compatible with everything by removing zlib compression. WD TV Live will only display subtitles this way, without zlib compression. It's useless and doesn't really make the file any smaller. In fact, when I run it through mkvmerge, the file reduces in size by a couple of hundred megabytes.[/b]
It's opposite, WDTV requires zlib compression to be present. MakeMKV only enables zlib compression for PGS subtitles in WDTV profile. http://www.makemkv.com/forum2/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=4385
Chetwood

Post by Chetwood »

MKToolnix also defaults to compressing PGS subs which suggests that compressed subs are more compatible (WD's ineptitude notwithstanding).
MultiMakeMKV: MakeMKV batch processing (Win)
MultiShrink: DVD Shrink batch processing
Offizieller Uebersetzer von DVD Shrink deutsch
angelgraves13

Post by angelgraves13 »

Chetwood wrote:MKToolnix also defaults to compressing PGS subs which suggests that compressed subs are more compatible (WD's ineptitude notwithstanding).
Last I read they turned off all compression in the last few updates of mkvmerge. Everything is compatible now. Guess they figured it was useless too.

Not a major issue for me as I still have to run it through mkvmerge after makemkv is done.

It's in the changelog if you search for compression. http://www.bunkus.org/videotools/mkvtoo ... /ChangeLog
Last edited by angelgraves13 on Fri Jun 07, 2013 4:29 pm, edited 3 times in total.
angelgraves13

Post by angelgraves13 »

mike admin wrote:
angelgraves13 wrote:* Option to automatically pick Lossless Audio tracks only instead of having to check them one at a time
http://www.makemkv.com/forum2/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=4386
angelgraves13 wrote:* Automatically name Lossless Audio tracks based on format and channels, such as "DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1" for a DTS-HD MA track with 6 channels instead of "Lossless"
This is coming. Not sure when, but it's on the list.
angelgraves13 wrote:* Automatically label Forced tracks as "Forced" and set the Forced mkvflag on it by default
http://www.makemkv.com/forum2/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=4385
angelgraves13 wrote:* Ask to re-rip stream if errors were encountered
Why. Please describe when and how it should be useful.
angelgraves13 wrote:* Make MKV files more compatible by not using zlib compression. I usually use MakeMKV and then run the MKV through mkvmerge to make the file compatible with everything by removing zlib compression. WD TV Live will only display subtitles this way, without zlib compression. It's useless and doesn't really make the file any smaller. In fact, when I run it through mkvmerge, the file reduces in size by a couple of hundred megabytes.[/b]
It's opposite, WDTV requires zlib compression to be present. MakeMKV only enables zlib compression for PGS subtitles in WDTV profile. http://www.makemkv.com/forum2/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=4385
I was requesting a user friendly checkbox in the Options rather than a lengthy read of another thread. Thanks, I'll look into it. Hope we get a checkbox in the options. I only remux with lossless tracks. The others go in the garbage.

If something rips incorrectly, I'd like to know that I should rip it again. If the same error happens twice at the exact same spot, then I'll know it's a problem with the disc or drive rather than a bad remux. I ripped a movie and it completed OK, but when watching it there was a glitch in the video. Ripped it on another drive and it came out fine.

As for the subtitles, whatever it produces are not compatible. Running it through mkvmerge fixes it. It's not a big deal as I need to run it through again anyway to remove the subs I don't want as they sometimes repeat if there's more than one English subtitle track.
Romansh

Post by Romansh »

angelgraves13 wrote:As for the subtitles, whatever it produces are not compatible. Running it through mkvmerge fixes it. It's not a big deal as I need to run it through again anyway to remove the subs I don't want as they sometimes repeat if there's more than one English subtitle track.
mkvmerge uses zlib compression by default, MakeMKV doesn't. But MakeMKV will use zlib compression if you use the WD TV profile.
RunnyRon

Post by RunnyRon »

Hello,

I too have been having trouble with the BluRay pgs subtitles playing on wdtv. I've looked at these boards and others and found two primary suggestions:
1) Use the WDTV profile on makemkv: Unfortunately, I can't find this option anywhere. Perhaps it is no longer available (I have latest version v1.8.3)
2) Use mkvtoolnix to run the mkv file through it, setting zlib compression for the subtitles: This does work to get the subtitles to show but the audio then gets wrecked (garbled and choppy). I also tried running it through without selecting the zlib compression; unfortunately this didn't work either.

I'd love to set up makemkv to use the "wdtv profile" since if this works, it will obviously reduce future rips to one step. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Ron
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

Do you have Expert mode enabled in the Preferences, General tab? The selection of profiles is part of the Advanced tab, which is only visible if you have Expert mode turned on.

The WD profile has been part of each distribution for some time.

I have an "updated" profile that tweaks the WD profile for my uses.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
austingrd

Post by austingrd »

+1 on naming lossless audio tracks based on channel please.
Mistakes are learning tools. Image
Romansh

Post by Romansh »

angelgraves13 wrote:
Chetwood wrote:MKToolnix also defaults to compressing PGS subs which suggests that compressed subs are more compatible (WD's ineptitude notwithstanding).
Last I read they turned off all compression in the last few updates of mkvmerge. Everything is compatible now. Guess they figured it was useless too.
That's just header removal compression. zlib compression of bitmap-based subtitles is still enabled.
angelgraves13

Post by angelgraves13 »

True...zlib is actually needed for subs to display.
klownk

Post by klownk »

Just a little feature :

Be able to drag & drop the iso into the soft would be greatly appreciate. :)
angelgraves13

Post by angelgraves13 »

New feature request...

Kind of a useless feature, but it looks cool during the ripping process. Use online database to show cover, info of movie/tv show being ripped.

Took 2 seconds to make this mockup...so don't shoot me.
MakeMKVhang_zps6e9d609f.jpg
MakeMKVhang_zps6e9d609f.jpg (168.21 KiB) Viewed 15134 times