naming help for tv shows+xbmc scraper

Everything related to MakeMKV
ZenMasta

naming help for tv shows+xbmc scraper

Post by ZenMasta »

I am wondering if there is a way to name the tracks before they are ripped. Right now I'm ripping tv shows and the files rip as title00 title01 etc.

Is there anything in this app that can help save me some time?

I'm switching over from slysoft apps. And I with their clonedvd app I could atleast somewhat make a heplful track name example

SeriesName - S01E_T1, SeriesName - S01E_T2, SeriesName - S01E_T3 etc
bw001

Re: naming help for tv shows+xbmc scraper

Post by bw001 »

You can name the tracks before they're ripped, but I don't know that it will save you any time.

Select Preferences -> General tab, check Expert Mode check box.

Then for each title, you can select the file name in the drop down box under Properties and then change the file name.
Last edited by bw001 on Sat Aug 17, 2013 6:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ZenMasta

Post by ZenMasta »

I'd pay for an extra feature that would automatically name the files according to some source like imdb etc. This would save a boat load of time.
Firefly - E03 -The Train Job.mkv
How I met Your Mother - S01E01 Pilot.mkv

Thanks for the tip. You're right it wont save a lot of time, but at least better than simply title01
captain

Post by captain »

I wonder if Mike could implement the API to thetvdb.com? http://thetvdb.com/wiki/index.php?title=Programmers_API

That would be an AWESOME addition to MakeMKV! Then it could be a simple "insert disc, click rip" procedure to get our libraries properly ripped, tagged, named, and up on our media servers, ready to be watched. :-)
bw001

Post by bw001 »

captain wrote:I wonder if Mike could implement the API to thetvdb.com? http://thetvdb.com/wiki/index.php?title=Programmers_API

That would be an AWESOME addition to MakeMKV! Then it could be a simple "insert disc, click rip" procedure to get our libraries properly ripped, tagged, named, and up on our media servers, ready to be watched. :-)
Unless I'm missing something, you'd still have to tell MakeMKV which rip corresponds to which episode (along with series, season).

And I don't know how to tell except by watching (part of) the rip and the episode on disc.
doncht

Post by doncht »

By the way, instead of title01, title02, is there any way that we can probably do it as movie1, movie2, etc?
bw001

Post by bw001 »

doncht wrote:By the way, instead of title01, title02, is there any way that we can probably do it as movie1, movie2, etc?
Yes, see post #2.