Minor bug report - MakeMKV 1.8.4 windows

Everything related to MakeMKV
AlexP

Minor bug report - MakeMKV 1.8.4 windows

Post by AlexP »

When naming the directory to save ripped titles to MakeMKV is not right trimming white space.

I found this the hard way when cutting and pasting the name of the film from IMDB (btw +1 for requests to automatically look this up from thetvdb or some such service). I copied too much and had a space following on from the name for the directory which I didn't notice.

Unfortunately everything works except that the resulting directory is unreachable for many tools - ie "f:\films\argo (2012) " (note extra space) is not always a valid directory (at least using NTFS filesystem on an external usb disk). and "f:\films\argo (2012) \argo (2012).mkv" may not be found by media server due to the trailing space in the directory name - even renaming the directory using windows file manager will fail due to this trailing space.

If anyone does ever have this problem using short names (as shown by "dir /x") in a command prompt allows renaming of offending directory however it would be better to avoid this happening by using rtrim() or equivalent on the directory name before creating the directory.

Thought I would report this though since MakeMKV is an excellent tool and I'm almost certainly going to buy it once the beta is finished (it actually appears to be stable enough now for my uses)

Thanks for the hard work on this.

Alex