Audio sync issues with MakeMKV

Everything related to MakeMKV
mathu126

Audio sync issues with MakeMKV

Post by mathu126 »

Hello all, I am new to using MakeMKV for backing up my Blu-rays. My first attempts have been unsuccessful so I thought I'd ask for some help. I started with it installed on a Windows XP machine and when I ripped the movie, I get no good audio sync on playback of the file (unconverted). My plan is just to rip and use the large unconverted file.

The first movie I tried was Argo. It ripped it fine with about a 23.5G file. When I try playback of the file, it is like it's playing in fast forward. It goes 3, 6, 9 second blasts. Not sure what is going on with it.

The next I tried was The Dark Knight. Again, it ripped fine but when I play it back, the audio is out of sync. For the most part, when I rip the titles, the audio is just out of sync but I have had a few of them that are doing the weird fast playback.

Anyway, any help would be greatly appreciated on this. I want to rip my titles but this is really putting a damper on my plans.

Thanks.
mathu126

Re: Audio sync issues with MakeMKV

Post by mathu126 »

By the way, I thought it might be my computer so I put the Bluray player in my Linux machine and installed MakeMKV. It's running Ubuntu 12.10. It does exactly the same thing with all three of the Bluray's I tried. Just wanted to add that bit of info.

Thanks.
twa000

Post by twa000 »

How and on what are you playing the ripped mkv? Where do you rip the file? PC storage, NAS ?????
mathu126

Post by mathu126 »

twa000 wrote:How and on what are you playing the ripped mkv? Where do you rip the file? PC storage, NAS ?????
Hi, thanks for the reply. I am ripping to a WD 1TB SATA hard drive on my Linux machine and am playing with XBMC. I have also tried to open the MKV with VLC media player with the same issue. I have many MKV's that a friend made previously for me before I got the Bluray player that play with no problem on XBMC and with VLC. However, those are converted/ compressed files I believe because they are much smaller.

Thanks,
mike admin

Post by mike admin »

Please do a following test - go to MakeMKV preferences, enable "log AV sync issues" on general tab, and then process your disc again. See if anything will be written in log.