TRUEHD AUDIO

Everything related to MakeMKV
samccfl99

TRUEHD AUDIO

Post by samccfl99 »

will this ever work from a bluray input? it is the best audio and it is being used more and more. who wants to watch a bluray in regular crappy dolby? thank you.?
Woodstock

Re: TRUEHD AUDIO

Post by Woodstock »

Support for THD is dependent upon your player - which is why they provide a more compatible soundtrack in addition to THD, and why MakeMKV has the FLAC profile, to convert it to a more compatible format, if your player doesn't support THD.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
samccfl99

Post by samccfl99 »

Woodstock wrote:Support for THD is dependent upon your player - which is why they provide a more compatible soundtrack in addition to THD, and why MakeMKV has the FLAC profile, to convert it to a more compatible format, if your player doesn't support THD.
well i do not know what all the makemkv program does, but i only use it to convert an original bluray to mkv and then input the mkv to tsmuxer to create another bluray. in tsmuxer it throws out the truehd track. now i do not even know if when i only output the truehd kmv track if it will play ok on my sony bluray thru the usb stick. my sony bpd-s390 will play mkv files from the usb, but not from the dlna because the player does not support mkv thru dlna even when i run it thru messizmo. when using windows media the bluray does not even see the mkv files, but it does with messizmo, but when i try to play it, it says file corrupt. since i dont know how to isolate one chapter and convert it, i cant test it because i dont have a stick big enough to fit a movie mkv file. does any of this make sense to anyone? thanks
angelgraves13

Post by angelgraves13 »

MakeMKV doesn't re-encode the track, it just copies it into the MKV container.

If your player doesn't support it, then it doesn't support it.

I'd recommend a WD TV Live as it plays everything.
NodNarb012

Post by NodNarb012 »

angelgraves13 wrote:MakeMKV doesn't re-encode the track, it just copies it into the MKV container.

If your player doesn't support it, then it doesn't support it.

I'd recommend a WD TV Live as it plays everything.
The latest WD TV Live is a very good media player for the money, but it doesn't play everything. The prime example being DTS-HD.
Chetwood

Post by Chetwood »

Right, it 'only' plays the core but the questions here is why bother with MKV when the end format ist Blu-Ray?
MultiMakeMKV: MakeMKV batch processing (Win)
MultiShrink: DVD Shrink batch processing
Offizieller Uebersetzer von DVD Shrink deutsch
necrosis

Post by necrosis »

MKV is a container not a codec.
Chetwood

Post by Chetwood »

You don't say. Still doesn't explain this workflow:
samccfl99 wrote:well i do not know what all the makemkv program does, but i only use it to convert an original bluray to mkv and then input the mkv to tsmuxer to create another bluray.
MultiMakeMKV: MakeMKV batch processing (Win)
MultiShrink: DVD Shrink batch processing
Offizieller Uebersetzer von DVD Shrink deutsch