Getting a paid key in.....

Everything related to MakeMKV
blind mellow jelly

Getting a paid key in.....

Post by blind mellow jelly »

Hi guys..

I just bought the key..but can' t find a way to put it in the register part of the help.
Whatever I do..the key don't paste in the register dialog.
Leaving me in the beta realm,and the hassle of renewing the key every time.
Please..tell me what to do to get rid of this pain.
Thanks for any help.
Woodstock

Re: Getting a paid key in.....

Post by Woodstock »

Are you reporting that the paste-from-clipboard does nothing, or that the key isn't accepted when you paste it in?

Every once in a while, I experience a "failure to paste" in Windows, because "something" (it will never tell me what) has "locked" the clipboard. These are usually announced by a warning tone and a dialog box saying the clipboard isn't available.

Far more often, though, what you copy into the clipboard isn't what you THOUGHT you copied. We have a number of support calls each week in my day job, saying that temporary passwords are "bad". Almost universally, they are resolved by having the user type the PW in manually.

Personally, I will take anything I copied from an email or web page and paste it into a text editor (since I always have one open, but anything that is "text only" works) first; Often, the copy operation picked up spaces or other characters on either side of what I had highlighted. Outlook likes to bring along HTML formatting when you copy, for example.

Once I have the string in text format, I highlight the part that I really wanted, and put THAT in the clipboard, and "suddenly" the paste operation is successful.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
dwaynnyt

Post by dwaynnyt »

Whatever I do..the key don't paste in the register dialog.
Do you mean the field is grayed out? Or at least can you type something on it though? Try to restart the software though and see if it makes a difference.
blind mellow jelly

Thanks for the answer and suggestions about the text editor trick,i'll use that as a last resort.
This is what I did so far...
From my e-mail post with the key I copy to the clipboard,then I try to paste directly into the reg field in the software.
But..there's nothing to paste..no option with the rightclick.

So..for now I'll try to paste into wordpad and go from there.
I guess it's also possible to type it in manually,but that's a nightmare I like to avoid.

Anyway...thanks for the help,if I fail to get it done I'll ask again.
blind mellow jelly

Done...

Text editor trick worked like a charm!

Thanks again for the help!