Feature Request: Highlight titles with duplicate segments

Everything related to MakeMKV
guydreier

Feature Request: Highlight titles with duplicate segments

Post by guydreier »

I believe a wonderful feature would be to highlight in some fashion any titles that contain duplicate segments in them. Then through un-checking titles, the highlighting would clear. This would save a bunch of unnecessary rip time.

Thanks for great program!
Woodstock

Re: Feature Request: Highlight titles with duplicate segment

Post by Woodstock »

If you're thinking about this as a way to eliminate the 50-copies-of-a-movie-but-only-one-is-real problem, that isn't the only time you'll see titles that have the same chapters as other titles.

What about on BDs, where there are several versions with scenes add/removed? For example, "English" vs "French" vs "Spanish", where the title/ending are localized, but the rest of the movie is the same? Theatrical vs Director's cut, where scenes are re-arranged?
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
guydreier

Post by guydreier »

Yes I realize all that you said. I'm just thinking of ways to expedite the exclusion of unnecessary titles and speed the research of segments that are unique in the ways you mentioned.
guydreier

Post by guydreier »

P.S. On BDs specifically, "50-copies-of-a-movie-but-only-one-is-real" is not the only time you'll see titles containing duplicate segments.