Fatal Error Occurred, Program Will Now Exit

Everything related to MakeMKV
canp94

Fatal Error Occurred, Program Will Now Exit

Post by canp94 »

Just started having this problem today. I have tried Blu-Ray and DVD and get the same result. When it reads disc, I get, "Operation Successfully Completed" message. Then it hangs up for a short while and is non-responsive, then I get a pop-up message stating, "Fatal Error Occurred, Program Will Now Exit". After that my CPU usage starts growing to 100% along with my memory until it locks up. When I go to Task Manager, I see that MakeMKV GUI Application is running and it's memory usage is increasing. When I go to End Process, it asks if I want to end MakeMKV.ex*32. I've completely uninstalled/reinstalled v1.8.5 numerous times and run CC Cleaner but this hasn't worked. I've attached a screen shot and my log file. Help Please!!!
Attachments
MakeMKV_log.txt
(5.77 KiB) Downloaded 393 times
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (124.92 KiB) Viewed 16858 times
mike admin

Re: Fatal Error Occurred, Program Will Now Exit

Post by mike admin »

This sounds very wrong. Please do a debug dump of the makemkvcon.exe process at the point when the gui terminates and the process starts to eat memory, per instructions at /onlinehelp/dump.html . Use right click in task manager, create dump file.
canp94

Post by canp94 »

I had run a quick scan with MalwareBytes yesterday when I was having the problem but it didn't find anything. This morning it did a full scan and found some Malware. I ran AdwCleaner and Junkware Removal Tool and cleaned up all the adware from my system. I then ran MakeMKV and it worked great again. No problems!!! Thanks for your reply!
whitehusky

Post by whitehusky »

I have been consistently having the "Fatal Error" crashing problem ever since upgrading to 10.9 Mavericks. I can only get through a BR rip maybe 1 out of every 6 or 7 tries. Wish the dev would fix the bug, it's been months and is very annoying.
mike admin

Post by mike admin »

whitehusky wrote:I have been consistently having the "Fatal Error" crashing problem ever since upgrading to 10.9 Mavericks. I can only get through a BR rip maybe 1 out of every 6 or 7 tries. Wish the dev would fix the bug, it's been months and is very annoying.
Then please collect and share the debug dump, as apparently you're the only one who has such problem.
Naiera

Post by Naiera »

I get this fatal error too, in the very latest Mac OSX. The specific disc is the German release of Good Bye, Lenin!, which I've been trying to put some subs on.

I was able to MakeMKV it in Windows XP through VM Fusion, but that doesn't work when I try to apply the subs, and the tsMuxerGUI won't open the file at all.
njgura87

Post by njgura87 »

Was this ever resolved? I'm getting the same error when ripping the Lord of the Rings - Return of the King Disc 2.
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

Considering the post is 5 years old, I'd say probably.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
njgura87

Post by njgura87 »

Can you point me to a resolution post? I'm having issues with one movie, and I'm not sure if I should open another thread or keep the updates in this one since it's a similar issue.
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

The topic has multiple "latest version" of MacOS having problems. The similarity between them is that Apple changed something and broke programs.

Best procedure would be to start a new topic for your particular issue, since it is a "one disk" problem, not an "every disk fails now" issue like the previous.

Turn debug logging on (details in the link in my signature), attempt the rip again, and post the log in your new topic. If you can, also include the MacOS error log for the fatal error - it will have more detail on what module caused the problem.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
greynolds

Post by greynolds »

I just ran into the same problem after installing version 1.14.4 on Windows 10 Pro 1803. The previous version, 1.14.3, had been working just fine fairly recently. I attempted to attach the dump file, but that doesn't seem to be working - the original file is too large and the zip doesn't seem to be showing up... Not sure why my PC hasn't updated from Windows 10 1803 yet - I'll try updating Windows and see if that helps.
greynolds

Post by greynolds »

After having Windows check for, and install the latest updates (still on 1803 for now), and an overnight shutdown (the most likely fix), MakeMKV seems to be working fine again.

What prompted the upgrade to the latest version was the usual beta expiration, but once I started to actually use the software this morning, it informed me that the beta trial had expired. So I finally got around to paying for a license, which is something I should have done a long time ago anyway.