[Solved]MakeMKV GUI on Windows (7, x64) Sets path using '/'s

Everything related to MakeMKV
Yugatha

[Solved]MakeMKV GUI on Windows (7, x64) Sets path using '/'s

Post by Yugatha »

Just updated to the MakeMKV 1.8.6, and noticed that the default folder location needs to be browsed for every time.

It starts off as "E:/Videos/Movies", which states there is no such folder. When I click Browse, it opens the Windows Explorer "Open" dialog at "E:\Videos\Movies", which, when I click OK, puts it into the save location box using back-slashes, and saves without a prompt for "The Folder Doesn't Exist".

A minor inconvenience, but wasn't there as of 1.8.5. Default destination is set at "auto".

Edit:
Set the path to semi-auto, with path as "E:\Videos", and it seems not to complain anymore. I guess that fixed it. It could also have been a problem where it chose a different HDD... not sure. But, it's ok now, and may not have been a problem in the first place. Sorry to disturb!

Many thanks for the great program
goingbust

Re: [Solved]MakeMKV GUI on Windows (7, x64) Sets path using

Post by goingbust »

Same here. I actually came over to try to find the old version. I couldn't figure that one out - I didn't even try browse. I thought it was a permissions issue because I am using a mapped drive to throw the files on a different computer. That might be something to clear up in the next version.
Yugatha wrote:A minor inconvenience, but wasn't there as of 1.8.5.
It wasn't there as of any prior version. :D

Like OP said, just change / character(s) to \ characters and all works great.
mike admin

Re: [Solved]MakeMKV GUI on Windows (7, x64) Sets path using

Post by mike admin »

Can you please elaborate why forward slashes are the problem? At what point do you get an "invalid path" error?