All streams selected by default?

Everything related to MakeMKV
Tsunamijhoe

All streams selected by default?

Post by Tsunamijhoe »

I have been using MakeMKV awhile and a lot,and have bought a license for just this reason.

There is however one feature i am very annoyed with,and was wondering if i can change this setting anywhere.

I use makemkv to make a mkv with only 1 or 2 audio tracks,and 1 subtitle,on for example european discs you can have as many as 20+ audio stream and alot more subtitles and ALL tracks are selected per default, it kinda defies the purpose of this program.

Can i tell makemkv to deseelct EVERYTHING on disc load,so i manually select only the tracks i need? Sometimes it takes forever to deselect all these tracks,as there is also no shift+click/ctrl+click to deselect all the tracks you dont want.

If such an option exist,please point me in the right direction,if no such feature is available,please add it to coming versions
Woodstock

Re: All streams selected by default?

Post by Woodstock »

Check out the section here on "Advanced" usage. You can construct profiles to do most of what you want, by giving preferences to languages in both audio and subtitle tracks, etc.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
Tsunamijhoe

Post by Tsunamijhoe »

Woodstock wrote:Check out the section here on "Advanced" usage. You can construct profiles to do most of what you want, by giving preferences to languages in both audio and subtitle tracks, etc.
Thank you for that, but i have no idea how to use the advanced stuff. Could you tell me which setting i need to just have it not select any tracks at all on load of disc? i see in the default profile there is a setting -sel:all is this the one that choses all tracks on load? if so,i tried setting it to none,but that didnt help,what do i need to do in this profile to simply not chose any track at all?

-sel:all,+sel:(favlang|nolang),-sel:(havemulti|havecore),-sel:mvcvideo,=100:all,-10:favlang
bw001

Post by bw001 »

Right click, unselect all.
Tsunamijhoe

Post by Tsunamijhoe »

bw001 wrote:Right click, unselect all.
Forgot to say thank you :-).. Didnt know i could do this