1.8.8 - (68:A_PCM/INT/LIT->LPCMraw) is not available

Everything related to MakeMKV
mike admin

1.8.8 - (68:A_PCM/INT/LIT->LPCMraw) is not available

Post by mike admin »

With the latest version of MakeMKV, 1.8.8 you may occasionally get an error message:

Code: Select all

LIBMKV_TRACE: Specified conversion filter (68:A_PCM/INT/LIT->LPCMraw) is not available
Unfortunately the version 1.8.8 has a bug that prevents saving LPCM Stereo or Mono audio tracks. Multi-channel LPCM audio and all other audio formats are not affected. The next version will have a fix, but meanwhile two options are available.

1. - Do not select LPCM 2.0 audio tracks. Most of the time these tracks are present in short logo clips, trailers or comments tracks.
2. - If the LPCM 1.0 / 2.0 track is vital (like concert audio) then the only option is to use previous version - 1.8.7 . Instructions to download the old version are available at /faq/item/15/catid/6 . You can have both latest and previous version installed in different folders at the same time.
lloydsmart

Re: 1.8.8 - (68:A_PCM/INT/LIT->LPCMraw) is not available

Post by lloydsmart »

Thanks for the heads up - I just ran into this issue myself for a DVD that only had an LPCM 2.0 track.

Installing the old version now (on GNU/Linux). Looking forward to the fix! :D
SusiBiker

Post by SusiBiker »

Thanks for the information.
Susi xx
sbonds

Post by sbonds »

I got hit with this and grabbed the old version, but it wouldn't start without a registration code. After a bit of looking I found the official beta code in the "News and Announcements" forum (http://www.makemkv.com/forum2/viewforum.php?f=5) under the topic "MakeMKV is free while in beta".
mike admin

Post by mike admin »

fixed in 1.8.9