Give Drives Custom Name?

Everything related to MakeMKV
Gronnie

Give Drives Custom Name?

Post by Gronnie »

I have multiple optical drives of the same model, and I was wondering if there is a way to change how the drive shows up in the MakeMKV GUI. When I have several drives all named the same thing, it can be hard to keep track of which is which, even after lots of practice. If I could name them Drive 1, Drive 2, Drive 3, Drive 4 or something it would be much easier. Is there any way to do this or could it be implemented?

Thanks,

Alex
jcsmith900

Re: Give Drives Custom Name?

Post by jcsmith900 »

What kind of computer do you have?

I use a mac and I'm able to rename a drive by pressing "Command + I" to get info and then under "Name & Extension" I can just type whatever name I want to.
Gronnie

Post by Gronnie »

In Windows 7 the only way to name removable storage is to add a label at the end of the drive description. I have done this, but MakeMKV only shows the device model #, and not the label I added.
Gronnie

Post by Gronnie »

In addition to adding drive labels, I tried changing drive letters assigned to drives, and also which SATA ports they are plugged into as well. If I could even just get it so that the top drive is first, next drive down is second, etc that would be helpful. I just can't figure out how the GUI decides to order the drives.
mike admin

Post by mike admin »

The easiest fix would be to show the drive letter. Can you please tell how do you add the label to the drive? Where?
Gronnie

Post by Gronnie »

mike admin wrote:The easiest fix would be to show the drive letter. Can you please tell how do you add the label to the drive? Where?
It's a registry hack.

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/66 ... ename.html