[Suggestion] Enhancing the "ripping" experience

Everything related to MakeMKV
Frazeke

[Suggestion] Enhancing the "ripping" experience

Post by Frazeke »

I've been using MakeMKV for a few days now ripping my entire DVD collection and there are a few features that I would like to see:

- Advanced Option after exporting a title to folder to automatically eject the DVD tray.
- Setup a folder to extract all titles to, then have it automatically create subfolders for each DVD/BD based on the name of the DVD/BD.
- Beep after it is done exporting all titles from your DVD/BD.

Most of these features are fairly simple and I would love to see some if not all of them implemented!
Woodstock

Re: [Suggestion] Enhancing the "ripping" experience

Post by Woodstock »

- Setup a folder to extract all titles to, then have it automatically create subfolders for each DVD/BD based on the name of the DVD/BD.
If you're asking for this, you haven't checked out the Preferences menu yet.

First page - "Default destination", setting "SemiAuto" and putting a directory in the text box does exactly what you suggest.

Going to General and turning on "Expert mode" will enable the ability to edit file names before ripping.

The other two options have been asked about before.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
Frazeke

Post by Frazeke »

Woodstock wrote:If you're asking for this, you haven't checked out the Preferences menu yet.

First page - "Default destination", setting "SemiAuto" and putting a directory in the text box does exactly what you suggest.
Thanks for the reply looks like I was a little too quick when I was going over the options. Thank you for the reply to assist me in this matter!
Tiny Clanger

Post by Tiny Clanger »

Woodstock wrote:
If you're asking for this, you haven't checked out the Preferences menu yet.

Going to General and turning on "Expert mode" will enable the ability to edit file names before ripping.
When I do this, I get a "Directory /path/to/ripped/folder does not exist. Do you want to create it?" dialog each time. Is there a way to say "the answer to this is always YES — don't bother me again"?

(After all, it's creating a folder, not deleting half my hard disk :)
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

I don't know if Mike could make YES the default, but... I find it a bit reassuring when I am ripping a multi-disk set, that I haven't mistyped the disk name. Like typing "Doctro Who" instead of "Doctor Who" (those disks use a number instead of the series name as the disk name).
Tiny Clanger

Post by Tiny Clanger »

Just knowing what the keyboard shortcut for Yes is would save a bit of time - Cmd-Y doesn't seem to work. But I'd still prefer to be able to disable the dialog completely, TBH.
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

On my system, if the prompt comes up, just hitting ENTER works... Yes is pre-selected.
Tiny Clanger

Post by Tiny Clanger »

Hmm, that's odd — No is the default on mine. I'm using the Mac version, though — wonder if this is a difference between the Mac and Windows versions…