Extended cuts?

Everything related to MakeMKV
swerve

Extended cuts?

Post by swerve »

I got Muppets Most Wanted. It said on the back of the Bluray, there were 3 cuts to the movie. I want to know how to rip the longest cut which the box says totals 124 minutes. When I highlighted the 33GB version, it was a total of 1h59m. Right under it in makemkv is 3 extra chapters totalling 3m14s. I assume that's how it says on the box it totals 124 minutes for the 3rd cut. How do I rip it so it's totally seamless with those extra chapters?
Woodstock

Re: Extended cuts?

Post by Woodstock »

Usually, there will be multiple titles, with overlapping content. This is called "seemless branching", where scenes can be included/removed without needing multiple copies of the whole movie on the disk.

You can view which segments (which are essentially "scenes") are included within a title by highlighting it, and looking at the right side detail listing. There should be one with more segments than the others.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
Rydsen

Re: Extended cuts?

Post by Rydsen »

I have the same disc. Unfortunately, the 3 cuts are really just 2 cuts and one parody. There's a theatrical and an extended cut of the movie. The third is just a funny spoof that runs less than 2 minutes. I was confused initially, too, until I actually played the disc in my player and saw what was really going on. I ended up just ripping the longer, extended cut and calling it a day. I don't recall the exact running times of each, though.