MakeMKV Error DEBUG: Code 0 at IqH&<Iv30Q5zp#<9MN@%:29394574

Everything related to MakeMKV
Toxifera

MakeMKV Error DEBUG: Code 0 at IqH&<Iv30Q5zp#<9MN@%:29394574

Post by Toxifera »

Hello out there,
I am new to MakeMKV so please bear with me. I am trying to make an MKV file from a blu ray "Wolf Children". I am using a older Sony BWU-500S burner with a 7200 rpm Seagate ST32000641AS HD. This is the first Blu Ray I have attempted to rip. After about 10 minutes into the process I start getting a few '002008:0020 Program reads data faster than it can write to disk, consider upgrading your hard drive if you see many of these messages". Then shortly after I start getting "DEBUG: Code 0 at IqH&<Iv30Q5zp#<9MN@%:29394574 The source file '/BDMV/STREAM/00001.m2ts' is corrupt or invalid at offset 11443372032, attempting to work around". This message is reported over and over again. Then the time keeps increasing until it is hours before it finishes. I then usually manually stop the process. What can I do to resolve this problem? Thanks in advance for any replies.
Woodstock

Re: MakeMKV Error DEBUG: Code 0 at IqH&<Iv30Q5zp#<9MN@%:2939

Post by Woodstock »

The first warning just tells you that you COULD get better performance if your computer could write to disk faster; MKV is waiting to write what it reads from the BD drive.

I've only got the DVD version of this title, so I can't say if the other work-around messages are "normal" for it; they're letting you know that MakeMKV had to do something non-standard to read the data. As long as the offset is changing, the work-arounds are effective, but it does slow things down. If they repeat constantly at the same location, there is an issue with the disk.

Some publishers have a LOT of messages like this on the BD titles. Debug logs from NISAmerica titles can be VERY long.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
Toxifera

Post by Toxifera »

Hey Woodstock,

Thanks for the reply. The offset does change every 20 or 30 repeats. This time I changed the profile from default to AAC and it ran without any errors until it hit 90%. Then the errors started and continued for about 4 minutes and the program froze.

Would a mSATA SSD be wise to install as a source in combination with a newer BD burner?

Thanks again.
mike admin

Post by mike admin »

Please try making a full disc backup and see if any hashcheck errors show up.
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

An SSD is not necessary, because conventional hard drives can normally keep up quite well.
Toxifera

Post by Toxifera »

Hey Mike,
Thanks for the reply. I have tried several times but the process never finishes without MakeMKV freezing. I did order a new Pioneer BD Burner to see if it will help.

Hey Woodstock,
I thank you for trying to save me some cash, but I have always wanted to play with a SSD. I have a slot on my MB for a mSATA, so I purchased a inexpensive 250Gb one.

Thanks again guys for helping.
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

Oh, a different kind of "need", which I totally understand! My old Dell i8500 laptop recently received a flash boot drive upgrade, even though I rarely use it. :)
Toxifera

Post by Toxifera »

Hey Woodstock & Mike,
The new blu ray drive & SSD worked like a charm. It took 24 minutes to rip Wolf Children without a hitch :D . Thank you guys for your suggestions and help. I hope you have a Very Merry Christmas & a great New Year. Have a good one,

Eric