Problems ripping Up DVD

Everything related to MakeMKV
Danger

Re: Problems ripping Up DVD

Post by Danger »

starburst wrote: I somehow did UP DVD to MKV and had no problems...Region 1 disc
Don't suppose you remember what you did?

Well I may have mostly fixed the problem. I got to wondering, what if I used CloneDVD
to make another copy of UP, only this time selecting only angle 1 and then ran MakeMKV
on that? The result; the annoying half sec pauses seem to be gone, at least when it plays
on my box, haven't tested on my WDTV player yet. There are 2 very slight graphic
glitches now so far (have only watched about 10mins of the movie, but they are nowhere
near as annoying as the many half second pauses that are in this time frame.

At this point I still need to do more testing and try a couple other things as well as
watching the entire movie to see how the rest of it is. But it looks promising.
jabster

Re: Problems ripping Up DVD

Post by jabster »

Well, I didn't solve the problem, tho I did come up with a work-around: just rip the Blu-ray disk.

Who woulda thunk that ripping a blu-ray would ever be easier than ripping a DVD?

After only watching 10 minutes or so it seems fine. First thing I noticed tho, is that on the DVD rip, I'm missing the whole Disney castle & Pixar intros, as well as the very first newsreel scene. The DVD rip starts with the propellor of the plane. KInda funny that the DVD rip sorta removes the copyright notice. ;-)

If I ever encounter this again, maybe I'll try k9copy or mplayer first for ripping, then makemkv that.

-john