Yes
No votes
No
100%

Total votes: 8

tommyla

another makemkv editon?

Post by tommyla »

For people that already have AnyDVD HD or another decrypter it would be useful to have a edition that dont have decrypting but has BD/HD-DVD Convert/Stream

something like this

MakeMKV Free
Decryption DVDs
Convert or Stream DVD/AVCHD Discs

MakeMKV Donate
Decrypting DVDs
Convert or Stream DVD/AVCHD/BD/HD-DVD

MakeMKV Pro
Decrypting DVDs
Decrypting BD/HD-DVD
Convert or Stream DVD/AVCHD/BD/HD-DVD
Woodstock

Re: another makemkv editon?

Post by Woodstock »

Seems rather pointless to have something that is dependent upon someone else's software to work...

For those who have no interest in buying a license, as long as MakeMKV is considered "beta", you don't have to spend money... You just have to put up with getting a new key every couple of months.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
rexdragon

Post by rexdragon »

^ +1 ...my thoughts exactly 8)
tommyla

Post by tommyla »

i think you guys did not get my point, you have to buy MakeMKV to get Blu-ray to mkv remuxing, only dvd decrypt and dvd/avchd to mkv remuxing is free

many people already have another decrypter, so why should they have to pay twice for yet another decrypter?
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

I think you miss the point - so long as Mike keeps the "beta" tag on MakeMKV, you need only insert the new key or install the latest version of MakeMKV to "reactivate" your free BD decoding.

There are enough problems for Mike with keeping up with the encryption wars without introducing versions where he has to say, "Well, that works if you have the correct version of AnyDVD, ask them about it."

There are enough nightmare support scenarios out there without introducing more versions so that people can evade paying for anything. Especially when those people are willing to shell out twice as much money each year for the product that these "crippleware" versions of MakeMKV would be dependent upon, vs. getting a permanent license to MakeMKV.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging