does the TV series Lost have forced subtitles

Everything related to MakeMKV
Chetwood

Re: does the TV series Lost have forced subtitles

Post by Chetwood »

matt198t wrote:You're right there isn't but I actually like to watch my content rather than concentrating on the bottom of the screen on where the subs should show up, but each to their own!
To each their own what? I simply corrected your incorrect statement that identifying the proper sub would be tricky/time consuming which has no bearing whatsoever on the fact that I would like to be able to rip them automatically too.
MultiMakeMKV: MakeMKV batch processing (Win)
MultiShrink: DVD Shrink batch processing
Offizieller Uebersetzer von DVD Shrink deutsch
matt198t

Post by matt198t »

Chetwood wrote:
matt198t wrote:You're right there isn't but I actually like to watch my content rather than concentrating on the bottom of the screen on where the subs should show up, but each to their own!
To each their own what? I simply corrected your incorrect statement that identifying the proper sub would be tricky/time consuming which has no bearing whatsoever on the fact that I would like to be able to rip them automatically too.
:mrgreen:
bw001

Post by bw001 »

Lost has forced subtitles in seasons 3 - 6, but they're hardcoded into the video. No need to worry about forced subtitles.

Also, as noted, seasons 3 & 4 use LPCM which can be converted to FLAC by MakeMKV using Advanced Settings.
Chetwood

Post by Chetwood »

bw001 wrote:Lost has forced subtitles in seasons 3 - 6, but they're hardcoded into the video. No need to worry about forced subtitles.
Unless of course you are German, which means you need forced German subs to translate the hardcoded English items where Korean is spoken.
tatts4Life

Post by tatts4Life »

bw001 wrote:Lost has forced subtitles in seasons 3 - 6, but they're hardcoded into the video. No need to worry about forced subtitles.

Also, as noted, seasons 3 & 4 use LPCM which can be converted to FLAC by MakeMKV using Advanced Settings.
Interesting. So if I ripped the subtitles but turn them off it will still force the Korean?
Chetwood

Post by Chetwood »

Hardcoded is hardcoded.