Problems with Alien Quadrilogy

Everything related to MakeMKV
lunddal

Problems with Alien Quadrilogy

Post by lunddal »

I'm having problems with the first three DVDs in the Alien Quadrilogy.

There are two edition of each movie on each DVD and they are probably using seamless branching.

Alien Resurrection appears as to large titles where one is the theatrical release and one is the special edition, but that's not the case when trying the other three movies.

There are no large titles when scanned, and as far as I can see all the titles on the discs doesn't even add up to one movie in size.

What's the problem?
starburst

Re: Problems with Alien Quadrilogy

Post by starburst »

lunddal wrote:I'm having problems with the first three DVDs in the Alien Quadrilogy.

There are two edition of each movie on each DVD and they are probably using seamless branching.

Alien Resurrection appears as to large titles where one is the theatrical release and one is the special edition, but that's not the case when trying the other three movies.

There are no large titles when scanned, and as far as I can see all the titles on the discs doesn't even add up to one movie in size.

What's the problem?
What Region of Movie is This? I have Region 1 and it worked fine.
lunddal

Re: Problems with Alien Quadrilogy

Post by lunddal »

They are region 1, but only Resurrection works for me - the other three don't have a single title containing the movie.

Edit: It seems that the problem was that I used MakeMKV on a ripped version of the DVD (using RipIt on Mac OS X). Even though the ripped version works fine in a DVD player, something must have been removed that MakeMKV needed.

Using MakeMKV on the original DVD works.