New Version?

Everything related to MakeMKV
Ant93

New Version?

Post by Ant93 »

Is this software still being developed? There hasn't been an update for like 2 months now!

Tell me, how many people actually work on MakeMKV, or is it just Mike on his own?

Come on Mike, get on here and respond, make your presence known, its starting to look like you've abandoned this software! :roll:
Woodstock

Re: New Version?

Post by Woodstock »

Would you want it to be like Firefox, where the version being released tomorrow already has its end of life set for the end of May, and the new version will be released on May 31, whether it is ready to release or not? :( (rapid release software is a particular sore subject with me right now)

Best I can tell, Mike is all there is behind MakeMKV. He's posted here in the last 48 hours, I got an email from him last week on a problem I'd reported, and I'm sure he's gotten emails about the beta key expiring a few days ago.

But 1.9.1 has not had major issues that require an immediate patch job, like some recent versions have. There are some BD+ issues outstanding, though, with certain disks. They don't require a version release to fix, though.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
Batiatus

Post by Batiatus »

Well the current Beta key has expired and the current version is "out of date". So updates are coming?

Silly enough, I just spent 3 hours ripping stuff then closed MakeMKV, did something else, opened it again to rip another disc and WHAM, out of date and expired key. :(
Karl78

Post by Karl78 »

New key urgently needed :D
Ant93

Post by Ant93 »

Woodstock wrote:Best I can tell, Mike is all there is behind MakeMKV
Yes, just as I suspected, that certainly explains the slow development schedule!

My point is, it should really be updated more often (a bit like AnyDVD) to keep up with the latest copy protection on disks!

When do you think a new version of MakeMKV will be released, I believe it is now overdue!

I may have to consider using alternative software, do you know of any that can do the same thing as MakeMKV?
Lovely Rita

Post by Lovely Rita »

Ant93 wrote:
Yes, just as I suspected, that certainly explains the slow development schedule!
My point is, it should really be updated more often (a bit like AnyDVD) to keep up with the latest copy protection on disks!
When do you think a new version of MakeMKV will be released, I believe it is now overdue!
I may have to consider using alternative software, do you know of any that can do the same thing as MakeMKV?
Registered User?
I would hope so. I'd hate to hear all this bellyaching from one who uses the software for free.
Registered User :wink:
Buy MakeMKV
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

Work around for beta key expiration - set system date to a date prior to the expiration, start MakeMKV, reset system date.

Oh, there's also the purchase option, which is why I never know when keys expire, until I see the messages pop up here... ;)
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
Ant93

Post by Ant93 »

Lovely Rita wrote: Registered User?
I would hope so. I'd hate to hear all this bellyaching from one who uses the software for free.
Yes, I did purchase the software to show my support, it does what its meant to do quite well, I just find it annoying that it seems to have only one developer (who doesn't respond on here when asked about the development of it!) and the fact that updates are very few and far between (its also been in beta for far too long IMO), the website of MakeMKV could also do with an overhaul, it looks like a Windows 98 era website! :roll:

The logo of the software itself should also be updated, it makes it look a lot older than it actually is and is quite frankly crap, I could do a better job myself in a few minutes using Photoshop! :evil:

But still, despite all this, I shall continue to use it to rip DVD's/BD's as it seems to be the only software that can decrypt discs AND put your selected video/audio streams into an .mkv container, which I then feed into handbrake for conversion to .m4v to watch on my iPad Air!