Some Blu-Ray subtitle streams not detected by makemkv

Everything related to MakeMKV
jeromec

Some Blu-Ray subtitle streams not detected by makemkv

Post by jeromec »

Hi.

I have problems with Kill Bill volumes 1 and 2, US Blu-Ray editions (region free)

Only some (PGS) subtiltes are recongnized by makemkv (english SDH, japanese, plus Spanish for Kill Bill 1)

Other subtitles, such as Forced English or Forced French (for scenes in japanese language) do not appear and cannot be copied

However, they appear in TSMuxer (but that is WIndows Only and requires a lot more work) and I will go that route to enable them.

I am using Makemkv 1.4.11 beta on Snow Leopard.

Anyone having the same problem ?
mrbass

Re: Some Blu-Ray subtitle streams not detected by makemkv

Post by mrbass »

Mike mentioned detection of forced subtitles is on the to do list.
jeromec

Post by jeromec »

Thanks Mrbase.

The todolist, if I understand well, is about flagging forced subtitles as flagged.

Here subtitles are not detected at all.

And that includes non-forced subtitles (Spanish for KB2, plus 2 asian languages I did not recognize for both KB1 and KB2)
mike admin

Post by mike admin »

This is known error with 1.4.11 - will be corrected in 1.4.12
jeromec

Post by jeromec »

Great!
Thanks.
Fr4nz

Post by Fr4nz »

Hello,

with the new version of makemkv (1.4.12) I'm not able to extract all the subtitles from the Blu-Ray "Inglorious Basterds" (Italian version). In detail, what is happening is that, after finishing the rip, the program tells me that some subtitle tracks are "empty" and reports me the list of these tracks (which, anyway, are included in the muxed mkv). Another curious thing is that these tracks have an odd index.
If needed I can provide more infos, just let me know.
mike admin

Post by mike admin »

Fr4nz wrote:Hello,

with the new version of makemkv (1.4.12) I'm not able to extract all the subtitles from the Blu-Ray "Inglorious Basterds" (Italian version). In detail, what is happening is that, after finishing the rip, the program tells me that some subtitle tracks are "empty" and reports me the list of these tracks (which, anyway, are included in the muxed mkv). Another curious thing is that these tracks have an odd index.
That's the new handling for forced subtitles. You have selected "forced only" subtracks and they turned out to be empty, so makemkv deleted them at the end of conversion.
Fr4nz

Post by Fr4nz »

mike admin wrote:
Fr4nz wrote:Hello,

That's the new handling for forced subtitles. You have selected "forced only" subtracks and they turned out to be empty, so makemkv deleted them at the end of conversion.
That's not correct: I've selected ALL the subtitle tracks, but not all of them were extracted. And the subtitles not extracted were the forced caption tracks, which on this disk are separated from "regular" subtitle tracks. There's surely a bug, because from AnyDVD m2ts extracted file I could demux all subs without problems.
mike admin

Post by mike admin »

that sounds strange. can you please post full log file - enable it in preferences, "log debug messages".