Frozen not ripping

Everything related to MakeMKV
Barny

Frozen not ripping

Post by Barny »

I have just updated MakeMKV to the latest version but still can't rip my Frozen version to MKV, I don't know if it has anything to do with my LG Blu-Ray optical drive but here is the log I am getting. Can somebody please help. It gets right down to the last three minutes and then fails.

MakeMKV v1.9.2 win(x86-release) started
Using direct disc access mode
Complex multiplex encountered - 5 cells and 841 VOBUs have to be scanned. This may take some time, please be patient - it can't be avoided.
Title #1 was added (34 cell(s), 1:37:45)
Complex multiplex encountered - 5 cells and 841 VOBUs have to be scanned. This may take some time, please be patient - it can't be avoided.
Angle #2 was added for title #1
Complex multiplex encountered - 2 cells and 149 VOBUs have to be scanned. This may take some time, please be patient - it can't be avoided.
Title #2 was added (5 cell(s), 0:05:43)
Complex multiplex encountered - 2 cells and 148 VOBUs have to be scanned. This may take some time, please be patient - it can't be avoided.
Angle #2 was added for title #2
Title #3 has length of 5 seconds which is less than minimum title length of 120 seconds and was therefore skipped
Title #4 was added (4 cell(s), 0:03:31)
Title #5 was added (4 cell(s), 0:03:31)
Title #7 has length of 16 seconds which is less than minimum title length of 120 seconds and was therefore skipped
Title #8 has length of 5 seconds which is less than minimum title length of 120 seconds and was therefore skipped
Title #10 has length of 16 seconds which is less than minimum title length of 120 seconds and was therefore skipped
Title #11 has length of 31 seconds which is less than minimum title length of 120 seconds and was therefore skipped
Title #12 has length of 1 seconds which is less than minimum title length of 120 seconds and was therefore skipped
Title 2 in VTS 9 is equal to title 1 and was skipped
Error 'OS error - The I/O device reported an I/O error' occurred while issuing SCSI command A40..01B20620..00C04 to device 'SPTI:\Device\CdRom0'
Error 'Scsi error - NO SENSE:NO ADDITIONAL SENSE INFORMATION' occurred while issuing SCSI command A40..03F to device 'SPTI:\Device\CdRom0'
Operation successfully completed
Saving 1 titles into directory E:/Video/FROZEN
Error 'Scsi error - NO SENSE:NO ADDITIONAL SENSE INFORMATION' occurred while reading '/VIDEO_TS/VTS_06_1.VOB' at offset '779354112'
Failed to save title 0 to file E:/Video/FROZEN/title00.mkv
0 titles saved, 1 failed
Woodstock

Re: Frozen not ripping

Post by Woodstock »

Code: Select all

Error 'OS error - The I/O device reported an I/O error' occurred while issuing SCSI command A40..01B20620..00C04 to device 'SPTI:\Device\CdRom0'
Error 'Scsi error - NO SENSE:NO ADDITIONAL SENSE INFORMATION' occurred while issuing SCSI command A40..03F to device 'SPTI:\Device\CdRom0'
Operating system said the drive disconnected. Most often, this happens when you have power issues.... Is this a USB drive, powered by the USB port?
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
Barny

Post by Barny »

Thank you for reply but it is an LG Internal Blu-Ray optical drive which functions normally in everything else it does apart from MakeMKV. I have now managed conversion though with the updated 1.9.2 on my other computer, Windows 7 without any bother. Would like to know though how the optical drive could have disconnected.
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

USB powered drives are limited in how much power they can get from a USB port. If they don't get enough, they reset.... and disconnect from the computer. Each USB 2.0 port on a computer provides up to 2.5 watts of power. USB 3 can provide more, but only if the device asks for it.

Most external drives are fine at read speeds of 1-3x. Step the speed up above 4x, like MakeMKV can do, and they need more power than a single POWERED USB port can provide. If the USB port is one on an unpowered hub, sometimes 3x is too much. An unpowered hub splits the 2.5w of power it gets from the computer amongst all devices, so it quickly becomes inadequate.

Many drives come with a "dual head" cable to let you plug into two USB ports to get power. But they have to be POWERED ports, like on the computer itself, or a hub that has its own power supply.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
Barny

Post by Barny »

Hi I have fixed the problem on my old XP computer now. I took the side off and swopped the sata extension cable to a different molex connector, then tried again and this time it actually ripped it OK. I do have a SataHDD/SSD docking station but that is powered, I also have a USB3 powered 2.5 1TB HDD which I keep my films on and they play through my Blu-Ray player connected to my TV, so thank you for input, it made me look inside my computer to fix the problem and had nothing to do with MakeMKV anyway.