In Regards to Cinavia!!

Everything related to MakeMKV
cbprovo1

In Regards to Cinavia!!

Post by cbprovo1 »

In all honesty a few things need to happen to play a hd audio cinavia protected audio track. Option 1 i think is the best... Forget about cinavia removal. Let it be.. If someone finds a way to remove it great!!! if not no big deal. Now for what needs to happen!!! Someone needs to create a windows based media player box. Due to strict new laws on standards. The box has to detect cinavia. thats the law. thats fine no big deal. I think the best logical sense if to make the media player box windows based so the end user can install anydvd on there free will. This prevents cinvaia from being detected. It doesnt remove cinavia though. But thats fine, you can watch it from your tv and watch the movie in original DTS HD sound. Thats the solution that needs to happen in my book.
Woodstock

Re: In Regards to Cinavia!!

Post by Woodstock »

What law says a media player has to detect Cinavia?

There are many players out there that don't care about Cinavia. If they aren't playing M2TS files from a BD, why should they detect it, or do anything with it?
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
Chetwood

Post by Chetwood »

cbprovo1 wrote:The box has to detect cinavia. thats the law.
[citation needed]

cbprovo1 wrote:Thats the solution that needs to happen in my book.
Really? My solution is to keep using my WDTV which like most media players (not BD standalones) out there doesn't care 1 bit about Cinavia, nor will it ever since it doesn't need a BD license.
MultiMakeMKV: MakeMKV batch processing (Win)
MultiShrink: DVD Shrink batch processing
Offizieller Uebersetzer von DVD Shrink deutsch
Smithcraft

Post by Smithcraft »

I never have a problem with any title, while using my HTPC.

SC