v1.9.4 setup gives the error: directory not empty

Everything related to MakeMKV
electronicsguy

v1.9.4 setup gives the error: directory not empty

Post by electronicsguy »

Hello,
I tried to install v.1.9.4 over v 1.9.2, just like I've always done. It asked if I want to remove the existing version and I clicked yes. However, it fails to remove everything in the directory. The file "dtsdecoderdll.dll" still remains even though the uninstallation finishes. But then the installer for 1.9.4 complains that the directory is not empty.

I deleted the file and completed the install. "dtsdecoderdll.dll" is not included anymore in v1.9.4. So is that an oversight or is it not required anymore?
Woodstock

Re: v1.9.4 setup gives the error: directory not empty

Post by Woodstock »

You are not the only one seeing this - I have to move my personal profiles out of the directory to get the install to work. While that worked with 1.9.3, 1.9.4 kept insisting that the empty directory still wasn't empty, so I renamed it... then it would install.

As for the DTS decoder library... v1.9.3 (where the install problems began) has this note:
DTS-HD decoding is now handled by open-source libdcadec library (dtsdecoderdll.dll is still required for DTS express only)
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
electronicsguy

Post by electronicsguy »

thanks for the follow-up. I don't know what DTS express is. Is it a end-user makemkv feature or something used internally?
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

That is something only Mike could answer.... Sorry!
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
Romansh

Post by Romansh »

It's an audio format (also known as DTS-HD LBR). As I understand it, it shares very little in common with the other DTS codecs except the name.
michael-m.mueller

Post by michael-m.mueller »

Before this thread loses its way by talking about something completely different like DTS, could we please return to the annoying fact that 1.9.4 asks for an empty directory???

I ALWAYS used to have my installation files in a sub-directory of my installation path, this is now NOT possible anymore, because 1.9.4 just doesn't want that!

Sorry, but this can only be mistake of a new installation routine, right?
Could you please remove that annoying behaviour in the next version? Like to "This directory isn't empty, do you want to install here anyway?"
Please, that's the only feasable way, isn't it?

Thanks in advance,
Michael