Fatal error popup

Everything related to MakeMKV
trooper_dobbs

Fatal error popup

Post by trooper_dobbs »

I am currently using 1.9.4 a couple of weeks ago I was able to use the program. Then out of the blue I started to receive a message fatal popup error. I've attached a link to image of the popup error. I'm currently using windows 10 preview, but didn't have a problem using makemkvbeta.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get the program working again?

This url is an image of the problem:
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/A0xzR ... 81-h485-no
Woodstock

Re: Fatal error popup

Post by Woodstock »

If you check, there is a couple of other topics going on here about Windows 10 beta blowing up MakeMKV. The last 3 builds have all had issues with blocking MakeMKV from working, and there is not a whole lot Mike can do about it.

Either Microsoft has to fix the issue (unlikely at this stage, since we're 30 days from general release), or it will have to wait until there is a STABLE release of Windows to test against.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
trooper_dobbs

Post by trooper_dobbs »

Thanks, I assumed as much.
A new build 10158 will be released like today or really soon. Hope it solves the problem. I did get a chance to read the window 10 info after I posted this message.
once again, Thanks!
Tapioka

Post by Tapioka »

Build 10158 did not solve the problem. I will try with 10159 in a few minutes and report back ;).

Edit: No luck, same error message in 10159.
rickyjm

Post by rickyjm »

Maybe it's the UAC again acting up here. Although I haven't tested it on this OS yet but it's worth the try. Or try running the exe as Admin even if you're logged in as Admin.
Always back it up. Image
trooper_dobbs

Post by trooper_dobbs »

Today a new version of windows 10 uploaded Evaluation copy. Build 10162. The problem still is occurring. I will continue to update as we get closer to the windows 10 release date.