Kodi 3D Tagging

Everything related to MakeMKV
jmcguire525

Kodi 3D Tagging

Post by jmcguire525 »

I just started ripping my collection of 3D BD's and for the time being I have to add "TAB.3D" to the file for it to identify a 3DMVC rip. Is there a setting to change so that the frame packed info is coded into the file to avoid renaming?

I read through a lot of the 3D thread, but most of it was years old and there were a lot of HSBS HTAB arguments to sift through. Besides renaming each file my RPi2 is amazing with MKV rips!
jmcguire525

Re: Kodi 3D Tagging

Post by jmcguire525 »

From my research it seems what I want to do is add the Stereo flag 13 into the structure of the mkv file, is there an easy way to do this or any other way of flagging the file as 3d for Kodi besides adding it to the file name?
mike admin

Post by mike admin »

jmcguire525 wrote:From my research it seems what I want to do is add the Stereo flag 13 into the structure of the mkv file
This is for a while on the to-do list. Does Kodi recognizes this flag and properly assumes the file is MVC?
marky9074

Post by marky9074 »

mike admin wrote:
jmcguire525 wrote:From my research it seems what I want to do is add the Stereo flag 13 into the structure of the mkv file
This is for a while on the to-do list. Does Kodi recognizes this flag and properly assumes the file is MVC?
Sorry for resurrecting this thread.

I tried the above trick of renaming the file, which did provoke Kodi into going into a 3D mode, but my TV did not switch to a 3D mode (and any manual tinkering did not get it working - Sony KDL-55NX813). I'm not sure how to edit the mkv to change the flag, but am happy to help/test if pointed in the right direction.

On another subject, I tried registering using the Edge browser and it stated my IP was blocked. As soon as I changed to IE it worked fine...