Version 1.9.6 showing expired?

Everything related to MakeMKV
glampunk

Version 1.9.6 showing expired?

Post by glampunk »

I just upgraded to the new version and it's saying my beta evaluation has expired. Isn't it supposed to reset for 60 days with a new version? Is there a new beta key I can enter?

Thanks.
augerpro

Re: Version 1.9.6 showing expired?

Post by augerpro »

Something is wrong with mine too. I just downloaded the new beta key for Nov 2015 and it still says expired.
manfriday

Post by manfriday »

Ditto
cheepcherokee

Post by cheepcherokee »

Same here. I just installed the latest version and tried the newest beta key.

MakeMKV v1.9.6 win x64 release
GUI version: v1.9.6 winx86 release
license type: freeware
evaluation: not started
This version expires: Wed Dec 23 2015 [83 day(s)]
PegasusRider

Post by PegasusRider »

Until he can attend to the beta code issue, you can try this, it worked for me.

Just prior to opening MakeMKV for ripping...

Change your system clock date.

When done, change the date back. Many other programs will not work properly with the wrong date, so expect weird behavior until you change it back.
MaDMaX**

Post by MaDMaX** »

I have the same problem, i registered with the latest key, then it states restart, so i did then it says your temporary key has been removed , please re-register, and i did. but keeps going in a loop lol DoH!
MarkBrading

Post by MarkBrading »

MaDMaX** wrote:I have the same problem, i registered with the latest key, then it states restart, so i did then it says your temporary key has been removed , please re-register, and i did. but keeps going in a loop lol DoH!
Yep, same here on Linux Mint 17.1
robegian

Post by robegian »

I have the "Evaluation period has expired" problem too — and the beta activation key doesn't work.

By the way, if MakeMKV would cost 30-50% less, I'd buy it immediately.
DougO

Post by DougO »

Agreed...I think if you offered a discount to your loyal beta testers, more would purchase now. And...you would immediately raise some well deserved cash.
jinx100

Post by jinx100 »

DougO wrote:Agreed...I think if you offered a discount to your loyal beta testers, more would purchase now. And...you would immediately raise some well deserved cash.
I paid the full price years ago and it is entirely worth it to see "Never" in the expiration date. If Mike ever needs cash he can simply end the beta program. This program is easily worth more than the asking price!
MaDMaX**

Post by MaDMaX** »

jinx100 wrote:
DougO wrote:Agreed...I think if you offered a discount to your loyal beta testers, more would purchase now. And...you would immediately raise some well deserved cash.
I paid the full price years ago and it is entirely worth it to see "Never" in the expiration date. If Mike ever needs cash he can simply end the beta program. This program is easily worth more than the asking price!
i have had years of using MakeMkv and renewing the beta key once in a while, is not exactly hardship, and this is the 1st time i have had a bug! in the system,

if it was only available to buy, i would purchase it tomorrow, its giving me years of video ripping, and my NAS would be empty without it,

so 2nd your sentiments :mrgreen:
DougO

Post by DougO »

Fair enough. It is an excellent program. I just noticed there was a field for a promotional code so I assumed it had been offered for a discount previously. You're right though, $50 will not break the bank.
edank

Post by edank »

jinx100 wrote:I paid the full price years ago and it is entirely worth it to see "Never" in the expiration date. If Mike ever needs cash he can simply end the beta program. This program is easily worth more than the asking price!
I never realized that it actually was possible to pay! I always saw the "free in beta" post, and never bothered trying out the "purchase" option in the app. Time for me to do that...
preserve

Post by preserve »

$50 won't break the bank but because the program is "free" in beta, it's harder to justify. Even though the program is invaluable, supporting a "beta" program for $50 just feels like a lot.

Knowing that the "base" price is $50, having a temporary problem like this, and about to have money in the account from pay day, I would honestly buy it right away if there was a promotion offering it for $25.
Using: ASUS BW-16D1HT 3.00
smiler

Post by smiler »

I agree it is a good program, but as some of the others posting on here, I cannot justify spending just shy of £45 on it, not when its being sold in the states for £33,

ps, my war pension doesn't stretch that far... if it does ever get a discount I would purchase it immediately.