Why was this site down?

Everything related to MakeMKV
KENSAI

Why was this site down?

Post by KENSAI »

I'm curious if anyone knows why this site was down for several days? I got a new iMac and came here to download a copy of MakeMKV, and surprised to not be able to. Based on Google searches, this seems to happen every year or two. Does the developer every explain the down time?
Woodstock

Re: Why was this site down?

Post by Woodstock »

It has been intermittent for a couple of weeks. Rarely has it been unavailable for more than a few hours, but you might not know that if you only come in a time or two per day. I'm here far too often, I think... :(

Last night, there was a short outage due to a resource limit being hit, but there was also an earlier network routing issue that made the site unavailable from the US, and possibly other parts of the world.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
KENSAI

Re: Why was this site down?

Post by KENSAI »

Woodstock wrote:It has been intermittent for a couple of weeks. Rarely has it been unavailable for more than a few hours, but you might not know that if you only come in a time or two per day. I'm here far too often, I think... :(
Thanks, good to know! Yes, I only checked 2-3 times the day I needed the software... :mrgreen: