The volume key is unknown for this disc - UHD MakeMKV issue?

Discussion of advanced MakeMKV functionality, expert mode, conversion profiles
loganm187

The volume key is unknown for this disc - UHD MakeMKV issue?

Post by loganm187 »

My BW-16D1HT is modified to 3.01 and reads UHD's fine, but no matter what UHD I put in when I go to open the disc it just give me this error "The volume key is unknown for this disc - video can't be decrypted Failed to open disc"

I have downloaded the hashed key list and stuck it in the makemkv program file folder and I see John Wick and Alien Covenent is listed, but I just keep getting these errors. These are US versions. Hopefully I am just dumb.

Help?
d00zah

Re: The volume key is unknown for this disc - UHD MakeMKV is

Post by d00zah »

loganm187 wrote:I have downloaded the hashed key list and stuck it in the makemkv program file folder and I see John Wick and Alien Covenent is listed, but I just keep getting these errors. These are US versions. Hopefully I am just dumb.
Nope, you just misread the instructions... hashed key file must be placed in the 'MakeMKV data directory' which is defined in preferences > 'General' tab. The contents of THIS directory survive an update, while the program folder gets wiped.
loganm187

Re: The volume key is unknown for this disc - UHD MakeMKV is

Post by loganm187 »

Derp. Thanks.
stikle

Re: The volume key is unknown for this disc - UHD MakeMKV issue?

Post by stikle »

Yeah I just did the same thing...wrong directory.
Jonwalter

Re: The volume key is unknown for this disc - UHD MakeMKV issue?

Post by Jonwalter »

I'm trying to rip "Star Trek Beyond" (UHD) to iso and so far each attempt has been VERY slow (~1-3MB/s) and each iso has been slightly different. No errors have been reported during the rips. When I play back the video, either the m2ts or an mkv made from the m2ts, I get glitches in the video, but each iso has them at different times.

MakeMKV rips it just fine; full speed and no glitches in the video.