[Feature Request] Conversation Profil Audio->AC3 5.1

Discussion of advanced MakeMKV functionality, expert mode, conversion profiles
Dazkine

[Feature Request] Conversation Profil Audio->AC3 5.1

Post by Dazkine »

Hello
A lot of Smart TV manufacturers have no DTS support in their devices because of license payments they want to avoid. Even manufactures like Panasonic or Samsung with DTS support in the past drop DTS in their newer TVs since 2016/2017.

Flac 5.1 und AAC5.1 are kind of an exot when it comes to multi channel audio so im wondering if there is a way to add a conversation profil into the software that converts DTS(HD) into AC3 or perhaps even E-AC5.1 ?
AC3 (Dolby Digital) is a simple basic multi channel audio format that nearly every SmartTV device is able to deal with in these days. For DTS thats not the case.
Woodstock

Re: [Feature Request] Conversation Profil Audio->AC3 5.1

Post by Woodstock »

If you're looking for something more immediate, handbrake can do such conversions while it's also shrinking the video. And you can use the ffmpeg command line to convert JUST the audio, if you are a stickler for "exact video quality".
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
goonielife

Post by goonielife »

Something like AVIdemux can convert the audio while leaving the video intact.
Gogitow

Post by Gogitow »

I think the post you are looking for is:

viewtopic.php?t=7293

If you dive into this topic it will basically help you create an AC3 profile for Makemkv that will convert pretty much any format to AC3 while ripping discs.

viewtopic.php?t=8547

may also be helpful.

I have a Plex server which I use with the Plex app on my Tivo Bolt. The Tivo Bolt only like H264 video with either AAC or AC3 audio. About half of my Blu Rays which I ripped with Makemkv are already in H264 video but only have DTS tracks on them. If you create file mentioned in the above forum posts you will be able to convert the audio while leaving the video alone which saves a bunch of time. Hope this was helpful.