Automatic naming of audio/subtitle tracks tracks

Discussion of advanced MakeMKV functionality, expert mode, conversion profiles
sgibbers17

Automatic naming of audio/subtitle tracks tracks

Post by sgibbers17 »

Is there a way to automatically name the audio and subtitle tracks to a predefined name?

For example most blu-rays that have Dolby TrueHD Atmos or dts-HD MA are just named "7.1 surround" and Dolby Digital and dts are just named (5.1 Surround)

Now MakeMKV does detect the audio codec used and I would like my Dolby TrueHD Atmos tracks be named at "Dolby TrueHD Atmos" and not "7.1 Surround" I do know that I can do this manually and have been more than 6 years but now I am ripping lots of tv shows that I am getting on sale off amazon and it is very tedious to do for every track of every title I rip. Basically I just want the track named after the codec used.

I am also would like to do the same for the subtitles but if they are English name them "English" and the English forced only as "English Forced"
Chetwood

Re: Automatic naming of audio/subtitle tracks tracks

Post by Chetwood »

Which won't work since MakeMKV does not reliably detect forced subs, unfortunately.
MultiMakeMKV: MakeMKV batch processing (Win)
MultiShrink: DVD Shrink batch processing
Offizieller Uebersetzer von DVD Shrink deutsch
sgibbers17

Re: Automatic naming of audio/subtitle tracks tracks

Post by sgibbers17 »

Chetwood wrote:
Sun Nov 17, 2019 5:25 am
Which won't work since MakeMKV does not reliably detect forced subs, unfortunately.
Fair enough for the forced subtitles but maybe for the Audio that would be great or the non forced subtitles.