help with default.mmcp.xml

Discussion of advanced MakeMKV functionality, expert mode, conversion profiles
ttnicky

help with default.mmcp.xml

Post by ttnicky »

Hi all,

I was trying to change a flag in the default.mmcp.xml file (ignoreForcedSubtitlesFlag="false"). However, I am new to .tar files and ran into some issues. In order to successfully extract, modify, and replace the default .xml file, I had to pull the .tar out of the original directory (I'm assuming a permissions thing). However, now when I open MakeMKV, I get this message:

Profile parsing error: default profile missing, using builtin default

And my default selection choices are replaced with the stock options. I'm assuming MakeMKV is not liking my modified .tar file.

Any suggestions for how to appropriately edit the default .xml file, and how I can get back to normal?
mike admin

Re: help with default.mmcp.xml

Post by mike admin »

ttnicky wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 7:24 am
Any suggestions for how to appropriately edit the default .xml file, and how I can get back to normal?
Do not change the default and do not touch tar files. Just extract default from tar, then rename (profil;e name in xml) and put the anyname.mmcp.xml file into MakeMKV data directory. Later, when opening, select your custom profile. This way it will survive program reinstalls and will be easily transferable.