Profiles settings discussion

Discussion of advanced MakeMKV functionality, expert mode, conversion profiles
mgconcept

Re: Profiles settings discussion

Post by mgconcept »

Hello,

How to create a condition for selection of automatic language in French and video pricipale track.

Thank you
ShoutingMan

Post by ShoutingMan »

Apologies for resurrecting an old thread, but I'm stumped on the basic use of profiles.

How do I change which profile is used?

I copied the default profile, saved it to a new xml file and changed the rules. The new rule is listed int the drop-down selection in the Advanced panel. But when I select the rule, nothing changes from the default. And when click OK the unchanged default rules are saved into the custom rule (overwriting the custom rule).

So how's this work? How do I switch between rules in the makemkv UI?
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

If you have Expert mode enabled (Preferences->General), you will have a new tab that lets you select your default profile, AND the main screen (after you open a disk) has a pull-down to select the profile to use.

The profile will override the default selection rule.

Note: You should store your edited profiles in the MakeMKV Data directory, so that the are not overwritten during updates. And if there is an error in a profile, you will get a notification about it on the main screen, and that profile will not be selectable in the pull-down.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
ShoutingMan

Post by ShoutingMan »

I have them in the data directory (not the Program Files directory with the built-in profiles). Is that right place? They're fund and appear in the Advanced pane.

But they don't do anything and get overwritten by the default if I select them.
ShoutingMan

Post by ShoutingMan »

I quit and re-started MakeMKV a few times and it started working. I don't know what was doing wrong but it's behaving like I'd expect now.