DTS-HD MA and True HD to LPCM

Discussion of advanced MakeMKV functionality, expert mode, conversion profiles
johnand

DTS-HD MA and True HD to LPCM

Post by johnand »

I am trying the used the advanced mode and ffmpeg to convert all DTS-HD MA and True HD soundtracks to LPCM with MakeMKV, but can't for the life of me figure out the correct settings. Anyone else doing this, can you share you settings?
marcusj0015

Re: DTS-HD MA and True HD to LPCM

Post by marcusj0015 »

johnand wrote:I am trying the used the advanced mode and ffmpeg to convert all DTS-HD MA and True HD soundtracks to LPCM with MakeMKV, but can't for the life of me figure out the correct settings. Anyone else doing this, can you share you settings?
Now, I'm just a fellow user, but why would you want to convert compressed lossless to uncompressed lossless? Why won't flac work?
Romansh

Post by Romansh »

For processing in other applications (custom downmix, normalization, etc.)?
johnand

Post by johnand »

marcusj0015 wrote:
johnand wrote:I am trying the used the advanced mode and ffmpeg to convert all DTS-HD MA and True HD soundtracks to LPCM with MakeMKV, but can't for the life of me figure out the correct settings. Anyone else doing this, can you share you settings?
Now, I'm just a fellow user, but why would you want to convert compressed lossless to uncompressed lossless? Why won't flac work?
The reason I am looking for uncompressed LPCM from the lossless soundtracks is I am running a Mac Mini as my HTPC with Plex as a frontend. Unfortunately, at this time OS X does not support True HD and DTS-HD MA. So converting to LPCM would give me the lossless soundtracks for my system.
Romansh

Post by Romansh »

Since it uses libavcodec, Plex should be able to decode FLAC and TrueHD to LPCM, if configured accordingly.