FLAC settings?

Discussion of advanced MakeMKV functionality, expert mode, conversion profiles
marcusj0015

FLAC settings?

Post by marcusj0015 »

Mike, could you include the ability to define more than the FLAC conversion setting IE 12? like, provide the ability to use -e and -p?

and possible remap the -e flac default to the ffmpeg equilivent?
mike admin

Re: FLAC settings?

Post by mike admin »

Sorry, I don't understand the question. BtW, you can specify any command-line arguments for ffmpeg in conversion profile.
marcusj0015

Post by marcusj0015 »

Okay, right now in my profile, I have flac set to compression level 12, but the ffmpeg flac converter allows you to "search" for the best compression per sample, basically it compresses each one every possible way, then chooses the smallest one, it sounds like it'll use a lot of performance hit, but it's actually about as quick as the other methods, on my 3 year old desktop. those options are enabled by using the -e and -p switch on flac.exe, not sure about ffmpeg, I'm asking for these flags to be recognized so I don't have to manually compress each flac and remux it myself.
mike admin

Post by mike admin »

ffmpeg doesn't use libflac and has its own flac compressor, based on "flake". IIRC it has no such option.
BobbyCephy

Post by BobbyCephy »

you can change the compression level in file flac.mmcp.xml. just open it with the editor and search for level ;)