ripping a single chapter within a track (title)

Discussion of advanced MakeMKV functionality, expert mode, conversion profiles
mingojj

ripping a single chapter within a track (title)

Post by mingojj »

Currently, makemkv does not allow ripping of a single chapter on a track (title). For example, let's say I rip only the main movie (title 001) which is, say, a Blu-ray concert by the Eagles. But now, I want JRiver to play only the 4th song (chapter 4 in the rip). I can't do this in JRiver without knowing the time at which this chapter starts and then forwarding or backwarding to the start of the chapter. But say my business is selling audiophile computers using JRiver and makemkv. What I need to be able to do when showing these wares at, say, a major a/v show in Vegas, is to be able to play just chapter 4 (song 4) by simply clicking on the album cover art for the concert in JRiver Theater View. Please consider some future makemkv version that will permit ripping only a single chapter on a single track (title). Thanks, John.
Badger

Re: ripping a single chapter within a track (title)

Post by Badger »

I may have misinterpreted, but it sounds like you are simply trying to split chapters from a full MakeMKV rip?

Have you tried using a tool like Mkvmerge / MKVToolnix. I use this to split music video collections or other DVDs that are not correctly split into episodes.

Cheers, Steve.