Filenames for titles containing aditional number after dot

Discussion of advanced MakeMKV functionality, expert mode, conversion profiles
vkodocha

Filenames for titles containing aditional number after dot

Post by vkodocha »

Hi

I'm writing a python script to covert tv shows from my dvd rips. And for some titles on the dvd makeMKV creates output files named like this: title01.1.mkv, title01.2.mkv and title01.1.mkv what does the .X number mean? The first number is clear this is the n-th file created by makeMKV.

My script is invoking makemkvcon on a mac and I export all titles on the dvd. This happens for example with the second dvd of Fringe Season 1. I could not find any explanation for the file names generated on the help page for makemkvcon.
Romansh

Re: Filenames for titles containing aditional number after d

Post by Romansh »

Probably the angle number.
vkodocha

Post by vkodocha »

Thanks for your response. I had a look in the original dvd and as far as I see It only has a single angle. I will check further.
vkodocha

Post by vkodocha »

I finally got some more time to look into this issue, looks like the question was not correctly asked Oo. I should have checked my code better before asking. Makemkvcon does not actually name the files with the dot as I stated, this was a part of my script (which I completely forgot about). So my real question is actually this:

What do the number in the following output actually mean:
MSG:3028,0,3,"Titel #1/0/1 wurde hinzugef?gt (8 cell(s), 0:47:04)","Titel #%1 wurde hinzugef?gt (%2 cell(s), %3)","1/0/1","8","0:47:04"

So far I found the follow possible outputs for this MSG:
  • Either a single number for the title,
  • Two number split with a slash,
  • Three number split with a slash.
An additional example I just seen today from the "Enchanted" dvd was: '3', '3/1' and '3/2'.

Does anybody have the definition of the additional numbers after the slash?