DTS-HD to FLAC audio format conversion fails for first track

Discussion of advanced MakeMKV functionality, expert mode, conversion profiles
donmelton

DTS-HD to FLAC audio format conversion fails for first track

Post by donmelton »

While re-ripping my disc collection using the built-in "FLAC" audio profile, I encountered a Blu-ray with two DTS-HD audio tracks in the main title which fails right at the beginning of conversion with the alert message, "Fatal error occurred, program will now exit."

See attached "MakeMKV_log.txt" file for details.

I was using MakeMKV v1.8.7 on a four-core Mid 2011 iMac with an external LG BE08LU20 USB drive and dtsdecoderdll.dll version 1.1.0.8@2010/10/29.

The problem disc is the U.S. retail version of "Underworld: Awakening (2012)" bundled in the "Underworld Legacy Collection" box set. See www.blu-ray.com/movies/Underworld-Awake ... -ray/33104 for details.

Prior to ripping this disc, I had successfully ripped over 100 other titles using the same "FLAC" profile, most of them performing DTS-HD to FLAC audio format conversion.

Here's what I know about the "Underworld: Awakening (2012)" disc:

* There are no playback problems when it's accessed by the Macgo software "Blu-ray Player" running on the same machine and drive with which I use MakeMKV.

* I can backup (rather than rip) this disc to my hard drive without any problems.

* I can rip the main title using the "Default" profile without any problems. Obviously that means no audio conversion.

* It does contain two DTS-HD audio tracks, English and French. Deselecting the first English track and using the "FLAC" profile for the second French track will actually succeed. However, it's the English track that I want here. Bummer.

So, nothing appears to be wrong with the disc itself yet the DTS-HD to FLAC audio format conversion always fails for the first audio track. Any ideas?

Thanks.

(And let me know if you need a testdump.)
mike admin

Re: DTS-HD to FLAC audio format conversion fails for first t

Post by mike admin »

donmelton wrote:(And let me know if you need a testdump.)
Yes please! That should give a hint on what's going on.
donmelton

Post by donmelton »

Email sent to support@makemkv.com with links on Dropbox to the testdump and log file.

Let me know if there’s anything else I can do to help track down the problem. (And what you find out. :)

Thanks, Mike.
mike admin

Post by mike admin »

Can you please test if 1.8.8 changes anything at all?
donmelton

Post by donmelton »

No, the fatal error is still there. MakeMKV version 1.8.8 still won't convert the English 7.1 DTS-HD audio track and fails in exactly the same way as version 1.8.7.

Do you need any additional information from me to help track this down?