Automatically Unselect All Titles?

Discussion of advanced MakeMKV functionality, expert mode, conversion profiles
seanbob

Automatically Unselect All Titles?

Post by seanbob »

MakeMKV is really working great for me so far! And I've been able to customize the experience even further using Conversion Profiles that are automatically selecting and extracting exactly what I want. There's just one thing I can't figure out...

When loading a disc, is there any way to automatically unselect all titles (just the titles themselves, not the tracks) using Preferences, a conversion profile, or something else?

The current behavior is that all titles are selected by default. I know that I can right-click and unselect them all, and I know that it's not that difficult to do, but everything else is so automated, I just can't help but feel like I'm overlooking something. So... am I? :?
mike admin

Re: Automatically Unselect All Titles?

Post by mike admin »

seanbob wrote:The current behavior is that all titles are selected by default. I know that I can right-click and unselect them all, and I know that it's not that difficult to do, but everything else is so automated, I just can't help but feel like I'm overlooking something. So... am I? :?
Unfortunately, no. There is no setting for title selection for now.
seanbob

Post by seanbob »

mike admin wrote:Unfortunately, no. There is no setting for title selection for now.
Thanks for the confirmation, Mike!

Now I know I'm not overlooking anything and will just use the right-click method for the time being, but perhaps it's something to consider in the future? :D
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

Maybe if the minimum title length didn't completely ignore the too-short titles, but listed them without selecting them.... Then it would be as simple as setting the minimum title length to 12 hours, and manually choosing what you want.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
seanbob

Post by seanbob »

Woodstock wrote:Maybe if the minimum title length didn't completely ignore the too-short titles, but listed them without selecting them.... Then it would be as simple as setting the minimum title length to 12 hours, and manually choosing what you want.
Good thought. And if we're throwing out ideas, there could also be a secondary setting that automatically selects titles based on a minimum length while retaining the current minimum length setting (for listing titles).

For example, list all titles greater than 120 seconds, but only auto-check titles greater than 3600 seconds (60 minutes). Then one could manually select trailers, shorter special features, etc., without having any junk/dummy/logo/warning titles shown in the list.