Additional conversion profile conditions??

Discussion of advanced MakeMKV functionality, expert mode, conversion profiles
markshu

Additional conversion profile conditions??

Post by markshu »

It would be nice if the following additional conditions could be added to the conversion profile schema:

haveaudio - match if one or more audio tracks are currently selected
havesubtitle - match if one or more subtitle tracks are currently selected

I watch foreign-language films in their native language with subtitle turned on. Unfortunately, a lot of the special features on foreign-language files are in English-only, so my conversion profile which disables English for foreign-language films (I hate dub-tracks with a passion) also turns off any English-only audio for any special features, previews, making ofs, etc. etc. The proposed 'haveaudio' would allow me to turn on an English track for any clip where there is no native-language track, as well as allowing me to select one-and-only-one audio track for any clip - something which cannot be done with the current have* conditions.
ndjamena

Re: Additional conversion profile conditions??

Post by ndjamena »

-Delete- I'm going to think about this.

Do the default selection settings per track affect the other tracks as well?
ndjamena

Post by ndjamena »

I can't get this working:

Code: Select all

N           - matches if Nth (or bigger) track of the same type and language
Can someone give me an example?

And you're right, I can't find any way to compare track states to each other. It seems like a good idea, although I'd like there to be something more flexible than simply 'is one selected already'.
ndjamena

Post by ndjamena »

If N can be applied to multiple languages and limited to currently selected tracks, plus N can take weights into account mid-selection (maybe it already does), that could work.