Movies2MKV Converter

Discussion of advanced MakeMKV functionality, expert mode, conversion profiles
Marcus

Re: Movies2MKV Converter

Post by Marcus »

Can anyone help me with this? I have installed the Movies2MKV Converter, but when I run it I get an Application Start Error that says: Error starting up application: Cannot load 64-bit SWT libraries on 32-bit JVM. What does this mean and is there a way around it?
Thanks.
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

You would have to install a 64-bit version of Java.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
Marcus

Post by Marcus »

Thank you. I'm new to this. I have a bunch of DVDs and BluRays saves as iso files on three large drives and want to change them to MKV files. Can I just download the 64 bit version of Java or does it probably mean that my system is some sort that's only compatible with 32 bit stuff? I'm running Windows 7 Home version with an i5 processor I believe.
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

What operating system are you running?

If you go to java.com and select download, it will automatically detect what it THINKS is the appropriate version for your computer. It is not always correct.

For Windows and Linux, there are both 32- and 64-bit versions. Mac OS X does not support 32-bit Java anymore, except with updates obtained through Apple.

And remember, you do not have to use this script to convert from ISO... It just takes more of your time to do so. :)
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
rc4ester

Post by rc4ester »

hoppel118 wrote:Hey rc4ester,

this is a very great tool, well done. But how is it possible to get all the audio tracks (incl. Dolby True-HD, DTS-HD AM, etc.) into the mkv-file as default? In Movies2MKV is no option to choose. In MakeMKV I have to set this for every title.

Regards from Germany Hoppel

Hello hoppel118,

Sorry it's taking me so long to reply. I've been a little busy lately. You have to set the selection level through MakeMKV application. I have mine to select all audio/video/subtitles/languages. If you need more help, please let me know and I'll try to find the right thread that has how to get the correct selections in MakeMKV.
rc4ester

Post by rc4ester »

dandalo wrote:Just wanted to say Hallo to you and many compliments for your wonderful program !

Thanks dandalo!
rc4ester

Post by rc4ester »

Hello everyone,

I just thought I would write and see if anyone is having any issues. It's been a while since I'm made any updates the application. I am still in the process of writing the .NET version of the application. I haven't had much time lately to work on it, but I'll get it done soon. Let me know if anyone has difficulties with anything.
jonno

Post by jonno »

rc4ester wrote:Hello everyone,

I just thought I would write and see if anyone is having any issues. It's been a while since I'm made any updates the application. I am still in the process of writing the .NET version of the application. I haven't had much time lately to work on it, but I'll get it done soon. Let me know if anyone has difficulties with anything.
Hi RC4tester,

I'm no longer able to convert my BD iso images. I'm not exactly sure when things stopped working but they have and I've still 100's of iso's to go, so any help you could offer would be good.

So the set up is 64-bit Windows 8.1, 64-bit Java v8 update 31, Movies2MKV Converter 1.9.25.

If I point your app as a single directory containing a single BD iso and click "find movies" I get an error message in a dialogue box appear with the following message

java.lang.RuntimeException: No title was found for:<path to iso>
at
com.hom.r4.beans.Movoe.setMainTitle(Movie.java.691)
at
com.hom.r4.mkv.threads.ProcessMovie.processIsoFile(ProcessMovie.java:192)
at
com.hom.r4.mkv.threads.ProcessMovie.run(ProcessMovie.java:100)

I get the same result if I select a different BD iso, and I get multiple error windows if I point a multiple BD iso's.

Anything you can to to get this working would be great as this is an amazing program - thanks in advance

Jonno :D
rc4ester

Post by rc4ester »

jonno wrote:

Hi RC4tester,

I'm no longer able to convert my BD iso images. I'm not exactly sure when things stopped working but they have and I've still 100's of iso's to go, so any help you could offer would be good.

So the set up is 64-bit Windows 8.1, 64-bit Java v8 update 31, Movies2MKV Converter 1.9.25.

If I point your app as a single directory containing a single BD iso and click "find movies" I get an error message in a dialogue box appear with the following message

at
at
at

I get the same result if I select a different BD iso, and I get multiple error windows if I point a multiple BD iso's.

Anything you can to to get this working would be great as this is an amazing program - thanks in advance

Hello Jonno,

Did you happen to turn on debug mode and save the output log from you run? I'd like to see the debug file, if I could. It would help in determining what's going on with the application.

--
Richard
rc4ester

Post by rc4ester »

jonno wrote:

Hi RC4tester,

at
at
at

Jonno,

Another problem I've ran into is that the free version of MakeMKV will expire after a certain amount of time. You will need download the next version or update the free license key. I'm not sure if this is your issue, but after doing a little research, it's a possibility. It seems that MakeMKV is not reading the ISO file contents and returning the available titles to the application. I should probably add some code to check this sort of scenario. Perhaps in my new .NET version, I will look into that.

--
Richard
unwire

Post by unwire »

So glad to have found this. Its exactly what I was looking for!

One minor bug I've found: If you drag files from Explorer into the window, it adds them to the queue, but the path in the "Output Name" is not the same as the folder from which the file was dragged. For some reason it uses the last manually specified output name instead. It would be nice if I could drag a collection of .iso files each from different directories and have them output to their respective directory.

Keep up the good work, this is such a great timesaver!

Unwire.
rc4ester

Post by rc4ester »

unwire wrote:So glad to have found this. Its exactly what I was looking for!

One minor bug I've found: If you drag files from Explorer into the window, it adds them to the queue, but the path in the "Output Name" is not the same as the folder from which the file was dragged. For some reason it uses the last manually specified output name instead. It would be nice if I could drag a collection of .iso files each from different directories and have them output to their respective directory.

Keep up the good work, this is such a great timesaver!

Unwire.
Hello unwire,

I believe the output folder is configurable in the options.

Tools -> Options
On the General tab, check the option that says. Make output folder same as input.

Let me know if that is the desired result?

--
Richard
shdwkeeper

Post by shdwkeeper »

Thanks for creating this program. I'm currently in the process of converting 300 Blu-ray and DVD ISO files. I've had a few errors come up randomly, also when using box sets I cannot seem to figure out how to get the output folder correct. For example:

Box Sets usually have a folder structure like this:
Back to the Future Trilogy\
----Back to the Future\Back to the Future.iso
----Back to the Future 2\Back to the Future 2.iso
----Back to the Future 3\Back to the Future 3.iso

For some reason the output folder only goes with the 2nd level and skips the Back to the Future Trilogy folder so all the files end up in different sub folders separately. How do I fix this? Star Wars the Complete Saga I ended up with 9 different sub folders instead of the original folder with all the subs inside of it.

Another thing I'm running into is temp folders randomly never being removed or multiple temp folders in the same folder that have never been removed. The .mkv file gets created and the .iso is removed but the temp folder remains with the title.mkv still in there. This is random.

Here are also a few screenshots of the errors I am getting. (Actually it won't let me upload attachments) I can email them to you.

Thanks for your help.
evans036

Post by evans036 »

i am running windows 7 32bit (and therefore java 32 bit) and i get this error when i try to run the program: "Cannot load 64-bit SWT libraries" . anyone have any ideas?

thanks,

steve
Chetwood

Post by Chetwood »

I have two BDs in the queue that are no longer on the harddrive and cannot be deleted from the queue. What gives?
MultiMakeMKV: MakeMKV batch processing (Win)
MultiShrink: DVD Shrink batch processing
Offizieller Uebersetzer von DVD Shrink deutsch