Movies2MKV Converter

Discussion of advanced MakeMKV functionality, expert mode, conversion profiles
amackdaddy
Posts: 9
Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2018 6:27 pm

Re: Movies2MKV Converter

Post by amackdaddy » Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:42 pm

rc4ester wrote:
amackdaddy wrote:I missed the part about the version. I am running 2.5.10 as well.
I'll take a look and see if I can figure out why it's failing to delete the directory.
Great! Thanks!

rc4ester
Posts: 99
Joined: Sat Nov 30, 2013 5:28 pm

Re: Movies2MKV Converter

Post by rc4ester » Wed Mar 07, 2018 2:49 am

amackdaddy wrote:
rc4ester wrote:
amackdaddy wrote:I missed the part about the version. I am running 2.5.10 as well.
I'll take a look and see if I can figure out why it's failing to delete the directory.
Great! Thanks!
I've gone ahead and made a very slight change. After doing a little research, there are 2 things that can cause this error

1) Permissions on the folder where the disc is located does not have the right permissions
2) The path/file being deleted does not exist.

My change was to check the path and make sure it exists before I issue the delete. If it still fails, you might try checking out the permissions on the folder and sub folders to ensure that it has the correct permissions to delete it. If you look up "c# Access to the path is denied." in google, you will see what people have done to fix the issue.

amackdaddy
Posts: 9
Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2018 6:27 pm

Re: Movies2MKV Converter

Post by amackdaddy » Thu Mar 08, 2018 5:29 am

I've gone ahead and made a very slight change. After doing a little research, there are 2 things that can cause this error

1) Permissions on the folder where the disc is located does not have the right permissions
2) The path/file being deleted does not exist.

My change was to check the path and make sure it exists before I issue the delete. If it still fails, you might try checking out the permissions on the folder and sub folders to ensure that it has the correct permissions to delete it. If you look up "c# Access to the path is denied." in google, you will see what people have done to fix the issue.[/quote]

Thanks for the changes. I've been creating temp folders to work with. Based on google results everything said check permissions. Went to the root of all of that drive's movies and in properties noticed that "read only" was checked and grey, which i think means some folders and files are read only and others are not. I unchecked the box and windows went crazy for a minute redoing rights on every file and folder. Ran the conversion on a few more movies and the Video_TS folder is empty! So far, so good.
Maybe you can help me with a few minor issues?

Why does it create the mkv in a sub folder in Plex mode?
Why in Basic mode does it create mkvs called Episode1.mkv
Why in basic mode if you switch it to a movie it calls the mkv ".mkv" with no file name?

One other question. Would it be possible to have an option to delete the Audio_TS and\or Video_TS folders if empty? Now that the delete source seems to work this would save a step in deleting those folders.

Seriously though even with the little issues, great program and great response from a developer.

rc4ester
Posts: 99
Joined: Sat Nov 30, 2013 5:28 pm

Re: Movies2MKV Converter

Post by rc4ester » Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:23 pm

amackdaddy wrote:I've gone ahead and made a very slight change. After doing a little research, there are 2 things that can cause this error

1) Permissions on the folder where the disc is located does not have the right permissions
2) The path/file being deleted does not exist.

My change was to check the path and make sure it exists before I issue the delete. If it still fails, you might try checking out the permissions on the folder and sub folders to ensure that it has the correct permissions to delete it. If you look up "c# Access to the path is denied." in google, you will see what people have done to fix the issue.
Thanks for the changes. I've been creating temp folders to work with. Based on google results everything said check permissions. Went to the root of all of that drive's movies and in properties noticed that "read only" was checked and grey, which i think means some folders and files are read only and others are not. I unchecked the box and windows went crazy for a minute redoing rights on every file and folder. Ran the conversion on a few more movies and the Video_TS folder is empty! So far, so good.
Maybe you can help me with a few minor issues?

Why does it create the mkv in a sub folder in Plex mode?
Why in Basic mode does it create mkvs called Episode1.mkv
Why in basic mode if you switch it to a movie it calls the mkv ".mkv" with no file name?

One other question. Would it be possible to have an option to delete the Audio_TS and\or Video_TS folders if empty? Now that the delete source seems to work this would save a step in deleting those folders.

Seriously though even with the little issues, great program and great response from a developer.[/quote]

1) Why does it create the mkv in a sub folder in Plex mode? I'm sure you are probably aware, I am using the MakeMKV command line process behind the scenes to convert the movie to an MKV file. Since the naming conventions inherit with MakeMKV don't really fit with Plex, I generally convert the movie and then rename to the correct naming convention. I don't have to create a sub folder, I could convert it somewhere else and then move it to the output folder or do a straight convert in the folder and rename the file afterward. Did you want something different?

2) Why in Basic mode does it create mkvs called Episode 1.mkv? Since I do not know the naming convention of the input source, I revert back to basic naming. Hence, the Episode 1.mkv, Episode 2.mkv, etc... I suppose I could use the disc label in the name ie: "ARROW_S1D1 - Episode 1.mkv" Are you looking or needing anything specific?

3) Why in Basic mode if you switch it to a movie it calls the mkv ".mkv" with no file name? I am assuming you are switching from TV Series to Movie? If so, I am not sure why it doesn't name the file. I would have to investigate that.

4) Would it be possible to delete the Audio_TS and Video_TS folder if it's empty? I would need to understand your directory structure. I thought that the delete function deleted the entire source directory. Could you provide me with an example and the layout of your directory before and after conversion?

rc4ester
Posts: 99
Joined: Sat Nov 30, 2013 5:28 pm

Re: Movies2MKV Converter

Post by rc4ester » Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:29 pm

amackdaddy,

I am not see the same results you are seeing for question 2 and 3 in Basic mode. It appears to have the disc label name followed with Episode x.mkv and when I switch to movie it has the disc label name.mkv.

Perhaps we could figure out how you could give me your disc file, so that I could test with that particular conversion. It may be disc related.

amackdaddy
Posts: 9
Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2018 6:27 pm

Re: Movies2MKV Converter

Post by amackdaddy » Fri Mar 09, 2018 3:48 am

rc4ester wrote:amackdaddy,

I am not see the same results you are seeing for question 2 and 3 in Basic mode. It appears to have the disc label name followed with Episode x.mkv and when I switch to movie it has the disc label name.mkv.

Perhaps we could figure out how you could give me your disc file, so that I could test with that particular conversion. It may be disc related.
Here is a screenshot of what happens when switched to movie (hopefully it attached)
Attachments
Movies2.png
Movies2.png (13.1 KiB) Viewed 7561 times

rc4ester
Posts: 99
Joined: Sat Nov 30, 2013 5:28 pm

Re: Movies2MKV Converter

Post by rc4ester » Fri Mar 09, 2018 12:19 pm

amackdaddy wrote:
rc4ester wrote:amackdaddy,

I am not see the same results you are seeing for question 2 and 3 in Basic mode. It appears to have the disc label name followed with Episode x.mkv and when I switch to movie it has the disc label name.mkv.

Perhaps we could figure out how you could give me your disc file, so that I could test with that particular conversion. It may be disc related.
Here is a screenshot of what happens when switched to movie (hopefully it attached)
When you say "swtiched" to a movie, do you mean when you load movie discs up vs tv shows... or does it find it as a tv show and switch it to a movie?

amackdaddy
Posts: 9
Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2018 6:27 pm

Re: Movies2MKV Converter

Post by amackdaddy » Fri Mar 09, 2018 3:23 pm

When you say "swtiched" to a movie, do you mean when you load movie discs up vs tv shows... or does it find it as a tv show and switch it to a movie?

I'm only feeding movies (video_ts\*.vob) using basic mode. When the search is done all the movies are named Movie\Episode 1.mkv. Then when I highlight them all and say "Change to Movie" they show they as .mkv. Weird right?

amackdaddy
Posts: 9
Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2018 6:27 pm

Re: Movies2MKV Converter

Post by amackdaddy » Mon Mar 19, 2018 4:26 pm

amackdaddy wrote:
When you say "swtiched" to a movie, do you mean when you load movie discs up vs tv shows... or does it find it as a tv show and switch it to a movie?

I'm only feeding movies (video_ts\*.vob) using basic mode. When the search is done all the movies are named Movie\Episode 1.mkv. Then when I highlight them all and say "Change to Movie" they show they as .mkv. Weird right?

Haven't heard from you in a while. Just checking in.

Tossil
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Mar 28, 2018 12:15 am

Re: Movies2MKV Converter

Post by Tossil » Wed Mar 28, 2018 12:17 am

What audio tracks and subtitles are included when you convert by default?

Is there any way to choose all audio tracks and all subtitles?

Thanks!

rc4ester
Posts: 99
Joined: Sat Nov 30, 2013 5:28 pm

Re: Movies2MKV Converter

Post by rc4ester » Sat Mar 31, 2018 6:22 pm

Tossil wrote:What audio tracks and subtitles are included when you convert by default?

Is there any way to choose all audio tracks and all subtitles?

Thanks!
I generally choose all video and audio tracks. What I did to make it work was ensure that MakeMKV has it chosen correctly. If you have configured MakeMKV to select all audio/video/subtitle tracks, then they will also be included in the Movies2MKV converter application.

rc4ester
Posts: 99
Joined: Sat Nov 30, 2013 5:28 pm

Re: Movies2MKV Converter

Post by rc4ester » Sat Mar 31, 2018 6:23 pm

amackdaddy wrote:
amackdaddy wrote:
When you say "swtiched" to a movie, do you mean when you load movie discs up vs tv shows... or does it find it as a tv show and switch it to a movie?

I'm only feeding movies (video_ts\*.vob) using basic mode. When the search is done all the movies are named Movie\Episode 1.mkv. Then when I highlight them all and say "Change to Movie" they show they as .mkv. Weird right?

Haven't heard from you in a while. Just checking in.
I'm still here, had family and friends in town over the past few weeks. I did, if you haven't already noticed, fix the application so that it deletes everything properly when it's finished converting a movie to MKV. I hope that it's working alright for you.

rc4ester
Posts: 99
Joined: Sat Nov 30, 2013 5:28 pm

Re: Movies2MKV Converter

Post by rc4ester » Sat Mar 31, 2018 6:26 pm

amackdaddy wrote:
When you say "swtiched" to a movie, do you mean when you load movie discs up vs tv shows... or does it find it as a tv show and switch it to a movie?

I'm only feeding movies (video_ts\*.vob) using basic mode. When the search is done all the movies are named Movie\Episode 1.mkv. Then when I highlight them all and say "Change to Movie" they show they as .mkv. Weird right?

I still need to look into this issue. I generally use the Plex naming convention, because all my stuff goes onto my Plex account. I'll try and play around with this the next time I get a DVD. Do you know if it does the same thing with blurays?

Tossil
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Mar 28, 2018 12:15 am

Re: Movies2MKV Converter

Post by Tossil » Wed Apr 04, 2018 4:51 am

So Movies2MKV uses the local settings of MakeMKV?

If that's true, how does one ensure that MakeMKV has it chosen correctly...

What are the proper advanced settings to "configured MakeMKV to select all audio/video/subtitle tracks"

I assume this isn't correct "+sel:all"

I've tried this but it doesn't always get everything... and I only want the movie, not the extra stuff.

-sel:all,+sel:subtitle,+sel:audio,+sel:(havemulti),+sel:mvcvideo,-sel:special,=100:all,-10:favlang

Also, what modification can be made so it only grabs the primary video?

Many thanks for any help!!!
rc4ester wrote:
Tossil wrote:What audio tracks and subtitles are included when you convert by default?

Is there any way to choose all audio tracks and all subtitles?

Thanks!
I generally choose all video and audio tracks. What I did to make it work was ensure that MakeMKV has it chosen correctly. If you have configured MakeMKV to select all audio/video/subtitle tracks, then they will also be included in the Movies2MKV converter application.

rc4ester
Posts: 99
Joined: Sat Nov 30, 2013 5:28 pm

Re: Movies2MKV Converter

Post by rc4ester » Sat Apr 07, 2018 5:27 pm

Hello Tossil,

Yes, It uses the local settings of MakeMKV. I generally select all tracks so that I am sure that I have the subtitles for movies, as well as the 3D versions of the video. In general, Movies2MKV Converter will select the what it thinks is the best choice for the video. Unfortunately, I am not sure how to know exactly which video is the primary video. I generally go by some sort of size/chapter mixture. If you have a way that you know of to ensure that the primary video is selected, please let me know and I will add to the application.

My settings in MakeMKV are: +sel:all

It selects everything when in MakeMKV and also in Movies2MKV Convterer.
Tossil wrote:So Movies2MKV uses the local settings of MakeMKV?

If that's true, how does one ensure that MakeMKV has it chosen correctly...

What are the proper advanced settings to "configured MakeMKV to select all audio/video/subtitle tracks"

I assume this isn't correct "+sel:all"

I've tried this but it doesn't always get everything... and I only want the movie, not the extra stuff.

-sel:all,+sel:subtitle,+sel:audio,+sel:(havemulti),+sel:mvcvideo,-sel:special,=100:all,-10:favlang

Also, what modification can be made so it only grabs the primary video?

Many thanks for any help!!!
rc4ester wrote:
Tossil wrote:What audio tracks and subtitles are included when you convert by default?

Is there any way to choose all audio tracks and all subtitles?

Thanks!
I generally choose all video and audio tracks. What I did to make it work was ensure that MakeMKV has it chosen correctly. If you have configured MakeMKV to select all audio/video/subtitle tracks, then they will also be included in the Movies2MKV converter application.

Post Reply