Custom Track Naming

Discussion of advanced MakeMKV functionality, expert mode, conversion profiles
Sharza

Custom Track Naming

Post by Sharza »

Hi

I am new to this forum, so bear with me if this has been answered.

I've been reading along and experimenting for 2 days now, and think I've got the profiles more or less right, however haven't found a conclusive answer for my question. It seems there is no way to manipulate with track names in any automated way - except for running MakeMKV first, and then by script manipulate with the resulting files after, I've not found the functionality anyway, and not any posts pointing towards it being possible in any way.

I've not yet created or searched for a script to do so, first I would throw a question here.

Is there any plans on implementing a method to manipulate track names (or does any such exist at this time)? Could be done in much the same way as selection and weigth logic - token based, e.g. %lang%, %type%, %channels%, etc. etc.

More specifically I wan't names for the tracks - also the subtitle and audio tracks - I'm not really a fan of just blanking it and let the player show whatever it feels like ;-)

I am aware I can add them manually for each file in expert mode - but quite frankly - I'm a lazy bastard, and anything I can automate I'll do ;-)

Thanks in advance for your time.