makemkvcon display volume id

Discussion of advanced MakeMKV functionality, expert mode, conversion profiles
zetaron

makemkvcon display volume id

Post by zetaron »

Hey there great people using MakeMKV ... and not to forget AWESOME prople creating it :)

I just recently started to rip my whole collection of blu-rays including Series.
I found that the profiles and selection rules do not provide enough power (or I did not use them correctly) to pre-select episode tracks, it works perfectly for movies though.

I then had this awesome idea (that's what people say when they got an idea right?) to write a little wrapper around makemkvcon which would:
- distinctly identifies the disc (as there may be multiple versions on the market)
- fetch information from a database
- - which track contains an episode, an extra or the main movie
- - which subtitle is for deaf people, or contains commentary
- - and so on the possibilities are *nearly* endless (till the end of the disc^^)
- preselect episodes, extras and subtitles (as you like)
- set the file names to comply with media center crawlers (S01E22-Some_Awesome_Episode_Name.mkv)
- rip it to disc

The thing is, how do I identify the disc makemkvcon does not seem to provide such information via the 'info --robot' option.

If you know any good way to determine for example the volume id or know of an other way to distinctly identify a blu-ray disc, please tell me.

@devs: If you read this and think it is doable to display such unique identifier please consider adding this information. Thanks.

Greeting
zetaron