Excellent project! The interface and features are the best I've seen so far. Something like this has been long overdue for MakeMKV!
Created an account solely for providing you this feedback on how this project can continue to be improvised.
Seeing the interface motivated me to attempt to remux 1TB of my Blurays which are in the form of ISOs & Bluray folders. All protections are disabled & I'm able to play every single source using MPC-HC.
Few feature suggestions & some bugs:
1. There should be a global option to 'Keep at current location' for Source files. I only see 'Archive' & 'Delete' in global options. 'Keep at current location' is only available when selected individually for Bluray folders. And it is not available for ISOs even when selected individually.
2. Please add an option to Save the current session/selections. I painstakingly selected all the tracks, names, etc. I want in each of my titles. Lost all of them when my PC crashed. Lost all of them again when many titles failed to convert.
3. Please add an option to expand the selected titles by default (in the middle column). It will save many clicks during review of selections. Currently, even if I expand a title and make my selections, it auto-collapses soon after I leave for the next title & appears collapsed when I come back for a quick review.
4. Please add an option to inherit file name based on folder name Eg: FolderName[dot]TitleNameOrNumberIfMoreThanOneTitle[dot]Remux.mkv. Naming the titles was the most time-consuming step for me while making the selections.
5. The program is currently missing languages that exist in MakeMKV. Eg: Indian languages such as Hindi, Tamil, Telugu. These languages show as undertermined & don't even allow manually entering the correct language.
6. Program does not provide a way to include jpg cover attachments
7. My source files are accessed from a NAS over Windows networking (smb) @ 25-30MB/s. Destinations are same as source file (i.e., NAS over Windows networking). After selecting 60+ sources, I hit Convert selected sources. The first 3 projects which are Bluray folders failed (two had no protection, one had AnyDVD decryption folder within). I don't know if it's something to do with the set-up. The forth project which is an ISO has been running ok for the past few minutes. I don't know what exactly triggered the fails for the Bluray folders, a bummer for me if other Bluray folder projects fail also because that may mean I'd lose all the customizations when I eventually close the program
Update: Conversion failed for all the Bluray folders in this list. ISO tasks seem to be running. My observation leads me to think that the global "Same as source" output folder setting is not being respected for Bluray folders.
8. Initially had trouble analyzing files because makemkv did not want to start it's 30 day evaluation period. Ran makemkv as admin (to possibly avoid non-registration issues in new Windows 10) and completed remuxing a short title using makemkv directly. This triggered the start of 30 day evaluation period. BatchMKV analyzed ok after that. This is a makemkv issue and not batchmkv issue. Just posting here if it may help someone in a similar scenario.
9. ISO files seem to take quite a bit longer to be analyzed than Bluray folders. Not sure if that's to be expected. It wasn't so noticeable in my MakeMKV usage.
10. I haven't tried closing the program when the projects are running. So, I don't know if this is already a feature. It would be good to have the program prompt a confirmation before closing if projects are running.
11. If feasible, an option to pause the process mid-way or at least pause after completion of current operation would be great (especially if it allows system saving of the status and to resume even after restarting program).
12. Unable to manually type an Output folder in Global settings. Typing seems to be allowed to specify Output folder for individual tasks (although I'm not sure if it's respected). Browsing through the Explorer to specify a global setting for Output folder only lists my NAS by it's name. So, I'm unable to specify in the global setting which LAN IP address to use to access the NAS. It's helpful to dedicate a LAN IP for this task for better performance (when NAS has multiple ethernet ports) while other tasks have uninterrupted bandwidth over other ethernet ports.
Hope this seemingly overwhelming feedback is helpful to you. I think you will save many of us from a lot of boring time. Get the program stable & add a donate button in the program!