Dolby Vision and 1.15.1

Please post here for issues related to UHD discs
obalit

Re: Dolby Vision and 1.15.1

Post by obalit »

Hi guys, can of you who successfully created a working .ts with DV preserved share it please ?
So we can test it against our current hardware/software setup.
Preferably the one generated from the sample ISO, that is one minute long (:
ppoulos

Post by ppoulos »

Shasarak wrote:
Thu Apr 30, 2020 3:43 pm
ppoulos wrote:
Thu Apr 30, 2020 3:19 pm

Currently if you want to use the Oppo 203, you could just save the original double layer M2TS file from the original blu-ray without processing and the Oppo will just play this file fine.
It will play it, but only in HDR, not in Dolby Vision.
Yes you are right... I just noticed this when I tried to play the main m2ts file from the first Jumanji (though I distinctly remember activating dolby vision with other m2ts files). I "guess" the header information to activate Dolby Vision is not uniformly present in all the m2ts files.
Shasarak

Post by Shasarak »

ppoulos wrote:
Thu Apr 30, 2020 10:11 pm
(though I distinctly remember activating dolby vision with other m2ts files).
Maybe you had the player's HDR Mode set to "Dolby Vision" rather than "Auto"? In that case it would output Dolby Vision, but obtain it by converting the HDR10 track on the fly rather than actually using the second video layer.
Shasarak

Post by Shasarak »

shawnc22 wrote:
Thu Apr 30, 2020 9:09 pm
use the mpls playlist file as the input in tsmuxer instead of the m2ts file
I'm fairly sure I tried that today and ended up with an unplayable file :| but I'll check again tomorrow. Do I need a specific version of TsMuxer for that to work?
djanvi2020

Post by djanvi2020 »

Ok,

So i have an LG 96 series TV and i have tried everything to rip and keep the DV profile via mkvtoolnix and tsmuxer to play on the LG to no avail, im a Mac user and obviously the other programs to make the DV profiled MKV doesn't exist yet?

is there a better step by step guide atm or since im a Mac user i have to wait a little longer??
RESET_9999

Post by RESET_9999 »

Shasarak wrote:
Thu Apr 30, 2020 10:31 pm
Do I need a specific version of TsMuxer for that to work?
mmm, I just gave you a link hours ago... This work with the x700 (dual-layer DV + Atmos + Subs) and another user at the doom9 forum is reporting that it works on the oppo as well.

https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 240#p88873
oldirtydog

Post by oldirtydog »

please ,i have a problem on step 1. I have downloaded a complete UHD movies with m2ts file in BDMV folder,but how i can rip this file to MKV with Makemkv.....with eac3togui i choise the truehd+ac3 sound i have tsmuxer to create the final steps but number 1 is imposible for me.... i dont have a original blu ray ISO UHD disc.....
DaMacFunkin

Post by DaMacFunkin »

darrrkmanxxx wrote:
Thu Apr 30, 2020 8:11 am
Guys, can't we just take the .m2ts file from STREAM folder and do all with tsmusxer? If so, which version I should use?
Hi, as I have said before use the playlist file incase it is multiple m2ts files.
DaMacFunkin

Post by DaMacFunkin »

djanvi2020 wrote:
Thu Apr 30, 2020 10:39 pm
Ok,

So i have an LG 96 series TV and i have tried everything to rip and keep the DV profile via mkvtoolnix and tsmuxer to play on the LG to no avail, im a Mac user and obviously the other programs to make the DV profiled MKV doesn't exist yet?

is there a better step by step guide atm or since im a Mac user i have to wait a little longer??
Mkv toolnix doesn’t work.
As you do t need HD audio on the LG just get DVDfab for MAC?
Sgt Hartman

Post by Sgt Hartman »

Guys,
Probably a silly question, but why to add the eac3to step in the procedure? Once obtained the mkv file isn't easier to put it in tsMuxer together with the original m2ts and selecting only the audio track needed?

I'm getting Dolby Vision & Atmos without issues in this way...
Grencola

Post by Grencola »

Sgt Hartman wrote:
Fri May 01, 2020 12:52 pm
Guys,
Probably a silly question, but why to add the eac3to step in the procedure? Once obtained the mkv file isn't easier to put it in tsMuxer together with the original m2ts and selecting only the audio track needed?

So you'd prefer to rip your disc twice? once to a folder to get the m2ts, and the other to make an mkv? if you write a quick script that extracts thd and adds ac3 to it then your only steps are run makemkv, click your .bat file, run tsmuxer.
Sgt Hartman

Post by Sgt Hartman »

Grencola wrote:
Fri May 01, 2020 1:24 pm
Sgt Hartman wrote:
Guys,

So you'd prefer to rip your disc twice? once to a folder to get the m2ts, and the other to make an mkv? if you write a quick script that extracts thd and adds ac3 to it then your only steps are run makemkv, click your .bat file, run tsmuxer.
I mean, this is the current suggested procedure:

1) Rip to MKV with MakeMKV
2) eac3to titlename.mkv 2: titlename.thd+ac3
Note: titlename should be replaced with the actual name of the MKV
3) Add the MKV and the thd+ac3 track to TSMuxer
4) Remux to TS

From my side I get my mkv in point 1, then I go straight forward to point 3 adding in tsMuxer the .mkv file and original m2ts (or the mpls if multiple files), I pick only the audio trace that I want removing the rest and I get my .ts file which will have both DV and DA.
shawnc22

Post by shawnc22 »

Sgt Hartman wrote:
Fri May 01, 2020 1:51 pm
Grencola wrote:
Sgt Hartman wrote:
Guys,

4) Remux to TS

From my side I get my mkv in point 1, then I go straight forward to point 3 adding in tsMuxer the .mkv file and original m2ts (or the mpls if multiple files), I pick only the audio trace that I want removing the rest and I get my .ts file which will have both DV and DA.
For you, who already have a decrypted folder back up, sure you can skip step 2. But if you’re someone who’s starting from scratch with the original physical disc, to do what you’re talking about, you’d have to rip it once to a decrypted folder back up and then rip it again to an mkv. The above steps allow you to go straight from the disc to an mkv without needing to do the full folder rip.
Sgt Hartman

Post by Sgt Hartman »

shawnc22 wrote:
Fri May 01, 2020 1:58 pm
Sgt Hartman wrote:
Fri May 01, 2020 1:51 pm
Grencola wrote:

4) Remux to TS

For you, who already have a decrypted folder back up, sure you can skip step 2. But if you’re someone who’s starting from scratch with the original physical disc, to do what you’re talking about, you’d have to rip it once to a decrypted folder back up and then rip it again to an mkv. The above steps allow you to go straight from the disc to an mkv without needing to do the full folder rip.
OK, I see it now, sorry I gave as implied that the disk was already backed up and decrypted, thanks.
Shasarak

Post by Shasarak »

RESET_9999 wrote:
Fri May 01, 2020 12:28 am
This work with the x700 (dual-layer DV + Atmos + Subs) and another user at the doom9 forum is reporting that it works on the oppo as well.
Even using your preferred version of TsMuxer, if I feed it the playlist file and mux to a TS then my Oppo 203 can't play the resulting file. It recognises it as Dolby Vision, triggers the TV to switch modes, and displays the first frame correctly, but then the video just freezes.